Burying Memories and Attending Gatherings

“So let me get this straight…Jen is a half human, and half Pokemon?” Amy asked as she sat beside Red.

        He had told her almost everything that had occurred to them two months ago, with the exception of a few details, such as the Legendrys’ Gathering. “Yep, ever since she was very young.”

        “Thanks to her dad’s serum?”

        Red nodded.

        “Is anyone else in your family part Pokemon?” Amy asked curiously as she edged closer to Red. “You’re not part Pokemon, are you?” Her tone sounded smooth and teasing.

        Red chuckled and shook his head. “No, I’m just a human. Jen is the only one.”

        Amy hugged Red and kissed him gently on the lips. “Good. I wouldn’t want to have you any other way.”

        Red smiled into the kiss before pulling back slightly and letting his forehead rest on hers. “I need you to keep my cousin a secret. No one is to know what she is.”

        Amy stared into his eyes. They were light brown, but with a closer examination, she could see bits of red around the edges of his irises. “Is the unique color of his eyes the reason why his name is Red?

        “Amy?”

        She blinked and smiled at him. “I promise, her secret is safe with me.”

        “Thank you.” He kissed her on the lips again and smirked at her. “So if I was part Pokemon--”

        “Hey! I’d still love you! I just meant that I would have and love you no matter who and or what you are!”

        Red smiled and pulled her close. “And I would love you no matter who and or what you are.”

A few hours later

        Jen quickly sat up in the dark and covered her mouth to keep from screaming out loud. She had had another nightmare, but this time, instead of watching herself fall to the flames, she was forced to relive the horrifying experience that occurred two months ago. She bit her tongue as she felt the scream build up in her throat.

        She began shaking as tears slowly flowed down her cheek. The nightmares that she experienced as Mikey, even though they differed in points of view, held no comparison to the horrors that the one she just had possessed. Jen felt like she was really going to die within the dream, but there was something else that caused her heart to beat rapidly with fear.

        She was back in the burning Rocket lab with the device strapped to her head. Jen could feel her mind being shredded as the machine her mind was connected to exploded behind her, but she was not focused on that. Instead, she had her attention completely honed in on the force field that surrounded Mewtwo.

        “I will not let you die.” She had thought to him, but he could not hear her in his unconscious state.

        Time seemed to slow down for her in the dream as a large fireball flew towards them. Even though it was a dream, Jen could have sworn she felt the heat of the fiery ball on her back. She stood her ground as the flames proceeded to consume her being, but she willed the force field to remain stable.

        Her body shook in pain as she bit back the tears, but the screams, she could not. It was only then that Jen was able to awaken from her nightmare.