195.

ALEX POV

Returning back home. No one was up yet or at least I thought. I went straight to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Rummaging through boxes I see a shadow. "Oh my goodness I have some gossip! But where were you? I rolled over and you was gone" she said.

"I had some business to handle" I lied

"I had some business to handle" I lied. Seeing how happy she was I didn't want to ruin that. But in the end I had to. "Oh okay. Anyway so nick and his hubby got approved to adopt a baby".

"Wow! Really?! That's great. I know he's happy" I said. She nodded "happy is a understatement". I sighed catching her attention "What's wrong?".

"I have to tell you something. And it's pretty sad and devastating" I said. She raised her brow "what?!". I pulled her with me to the table to sit down. "You're scaring me! What's wrong?!".

"At the reception Leo and I spoke. Come to find out he's chads brother his real name is Chris. Middle name is Leonardo. Umm... he explained to me a lot of things regarding your parents".

"Okay? Like what?" She asked.

I took a deep breath "well for one your mom is apart of a major crime family from Detroit. Her father is Henry Lucas. He was a big time mafia leader who murdered a lot of people. My father wasn't a fan of them when your mother took over. Moving it to Minnesota. It's more about territory". She just stared at me in confusion.

"Point of the story is... your mom back in the day before you were born had murdered my dad's mom. And my dad retaliated and was going pay Tiffany to steal you from Nia".

"So your dad is the reason why I had a bad life?" She asked.

"Not necessarily... your mom knew where you were this whole time. She just chose not to come for you". She looked away from me and down at her fingers "so she never wanted me, right?".

"I can't say. But all of her showing up and being this woman who is for you and I. It's all a show" I said. Looking at her she wiped a tear that fell. "I'm sorry sweetheart. I can imagine how hurt you must feel".

She didn't say nothing.

"There's more... I'm sure she's the one who planned for Candace to come into our lives and shake it up. And why she pushed you to Leo not knowing who he truly was. I'm telling you all of this because Nia is very dangerous. She's crazy. And I don't want you or our children to get hurt".

"What about jade? She's going to be so upset" she said. Damn I forgot about jade. "I'll come up with something to tell her".

"So now what?" She asked.

"Now I need you to stay away from her and her family. She's no good for you. In the meantime we might have to relocate. Not knowing how good that'll do cause she found us already. But things might get a little crazy and I don't want you guys in the mix. Especially since your pregnant. Don't want to chance it".

She nodded "wow this whole time I thought I had a real family. You know, other than ours. Something I came from and belonged to".

"She is your family. But in the end she's just using you to get to me. It's an old vendetta she has towards my family. And she knows the one thing I can't lose is you".

"Can't believe she knew where I was and she never ever came to look for me. That hurts the most" she said. She put her head down and started sobbing. I hugged her letting her tears hit my chest. "I'm sorry" .

"What are you sorry about? This isn't your fault" she said.

"I know that. But my wife is upset and hurt. And it's all because of one person who feels the need to fill the void of a vendetta" I said.

"Guessing happiness doesn't last long with me. Something is always getting taken away from me" she said.

"I'm just warning you I'll have to handle Nia in a way I don't know if you're comfortable. She is your birth mother at the end of the day". She looked at me "so what you have to do".

I nodded "okay. For you I will do this. I don't want to see you hurt like this ever again. It breaks my heart knowing you longed for a family and had it in the grasp of your hands and now it slipped out of your fingers".

"It's whatever" she said. I knew she was really hurting but she was trying to push it to the side for me.

Trying to make her laugh I got up and got a box of pastries and turned to her "we can always make you feel better. Shit or least I can".

She smirked "you're so stupid!"

"As long as I got you to smile. But making you feel better is a serious suggestion. Especially having you looking so sexy in that bridesmaid dress. I still owe you one for that" I smirked.

"You would mentally give me a rain check" she joked.

"Don't worry about Nia. I will handle her. Anything for my wife and her happiness. And what she did was really fucked up. She's not a mother! She's a piece of shit who should die" I said. Zoli smirked and hugged me "this is why I love you with all my heart".