219.

JADE POV

Having a friend over was the best. It beats hanging out with my siblings all the time. After we got something to snack on we went back to my room. There wasn't much to do. But I found something.

"How about we paint our toenails?" I asked.

Camilla smiled "yeah that's fine". Getting out a different colors so she could have options. Setting the polish on the floor I joined Camilla.

Silence filled the room for a short time.

"So... your mom and dad seem cool" Camilla said.

"Yeah they are at times" I said.

"Which one are you closet to?" She asked.

"I don't know. I guess it's equal" I said. Camilla nodded and went back to painting.

"What were your parents like?" I asked.

"Umm I don't really remember much. But I do know my mom was so pretty. She had this long dark hair that she would always put a flower in. And this big smile that would just bring happiness" she said.

"Wow. I'm sorry you lost your parents" I said.

"It's okay. I have my uncle now" she smiled.

"You have no other family but him?" I asked.

She nodded "apparently my family's family all reside in Cuba so my uncle was the only one who was here".

"Oh! Wow" I said.

"Crazy right?" She joked.

We both laughed.

Hunter stood at the door with his arms crossed over his chest "well well well".

"Go away!" I warned.

"I see you girls are painting your nails. Well for jade she's painting her paws. Cute" he smiled.

"Hunter! Leave us alone!" I warned again.

"Look I just wanted to say mom made you guys some lunch. Mom made sloppy joes. And it's downstairs" he said.

"Okay fine! Go now!" I said.

He put his hands up "geez! What's the beef?!".

I squinted at him before he finally left. Fanning our nails dry "how old is hunter?".

"He's year younger than me" I said.

"So you guys are like Irish twins" she joked.

"Nah me and hunter are not twins" I said.

We both checked our nails and it seemed dry enough for us to get up and go downstairs. Hunter was at the table slowly eating his lunch. Rolling my eyes cause just knowing he's eating with us... "welcome girls".

"Don't bother us. Just eat!" I said.

"Ooo someone wants to play bossy" he said.

"Whatever! Where's mom and dad?" I asked.

"In his den. Apparently he wanted to show her some papers" he said.

Pulling out the chair so I could sit down. Camilla was waiting for me to eat so she could. Hunter was just eyeing us. Camilla smiled "this looks good".

"It is" hunter smiled.

I sighed and we both took a big bite out of the sandwich. Hunter was smiling from ear to ear "how is it?".

"It's okay... a little salty" Camilla said.

I nodded "yeah mom needs to lay off the salt".

Hunter nodded "I bet".

My mom came out of my dads den. She eyed us "how cute jade made lunch".

"No I didn't you did" I said.

"Umm no! I was with dad this whole time" my mom said.

Hunter stood up "let me make an announcement. I just wanted to say I'm the best that has ever done it. And for big paws and Camilla... you both are eating what jade should be eating. Puppy chow".

Feeling the food come up and out my mouth. I gagged... Camilla was in shock but she went to the sink trying to wash out her mouth. With all of this chaos going on... Hunter was smiling just watching us freak out. My mom stood there with her mouth open about to yell at hunter. That's when dad came out wondering what's the noise. What he walked into he was confused.

"What the hell is going on?" He yelled.

"Hunter fed us dog food" when I said that I felt sick all over again.

My dad titled his head at hunter "really?".

"What? Is it bad I tried feeding big paws and her company what she should be eating?" He asked.

My mom took the dishes and threw it in the garbage. Camilla and I were just gagging. "You should've seen them they were going in on the sandwich. Must've  taste good especially for Fido".

Mom got us something to drink and told us to go wash out our mouths with mouth wash. To kill the after taste and our breaths.

"Crazy how she has dog breath every other day and you don't tell her to use mouth wash" hunter said.

"Hunter go to your room" my mom and dad said in unison. He shook his head "I try to tame big paws and I get in trouble. The injustice here".

The twins came down "what's all the noise?".

"Hunter played a bad joke on jade" my dad said.

They both laughed "we can get hunter back for you. But it'll cost you".

"No! We are not doing anything" my mom said.

"We'll talk later" they said.