196.

ZOLI POV

Depression is a real thing.

Ever since Alex broke to me about Nia I haven't been myself. Nick had invited me out for some Sis time that I desperately needed. Nevermind jade keeps asking about when we can go back over there. I can't even face her right now. It's like telling a child Santa isn't real. I can't deal with that disappointment.

Walking into the restaurant nick stood up to hug me

Walking into the restaurant nick stood up to hug me. "Sis! How are you?".

"I've been better. So much going on" I took my jacket off and placed it on back of my chair "Well damn tell me what's going on" He said. I sighed "okay so when we caught Alex with Candace. I left him and went to my mothers house. Me and the kids went. I wanted to teach Alex a lesson. In the mean time my mom had introduced me to a family friend Leo".

"Wait? Your mother knows you married and she playing matchmaker?" He asked.

"Hold on... so Leo was persistent about going on a date. He wouldn't stop so I went but also explained to him it wasn't a date that I'm married etc. He respected that and told me if Alex was to fall off again he will snatch me from him".

"Damn Sis it's like watching a damn soap opera" he took a sip of his wine.

"So... Alex happened to break into the home at the most convenient time... as I got home. He was pissed".

"So what is Leo dead or something? Alex took him out?" He asked.

"No... at your wedding they had a conversation regarding how Leo is chads brother. And how my mother is from a big crime family from Detroit who is using me to bring Alex down. Nevermind she knew all about me and where I was and she never came for me. Alex's dad is the reason I was stolen as revenge for Nia killing his mom".

"Is it April fools?" He looked around.

"This is all facts. Now I feel like shit cause my mom never wanted me. But because it's for her own gain she wants to be all family like".

"Damn! Sis... you need to contact vh1 and let them know the drama you going through. Get paid for that" he said.

"Now Alex wants to relocate for safety purposes. We do need a bigger house but now we might have to move out of state. This is all too much. And to top it off Nia has been blowing up my phone!".

"Uh-uh Sis she knows you know now" he said.

"The doctor said stay stress free. Yeah, right. My life can never be stress free" I said.

"Might as well stayed in Chicago" he said.

"Right?... what mother knows the whereabouts of her baby and doesn't come to rescue it? If that was either of my children I would've went through hell and back to get to them".

"Sis the woman you call a mom isn't a mom. And I know that was something you longed for so it was easy for her to latch onto you. Sometimes it's best you don't have any family. Just be happy with what you got. It got you this far".

"You're right. I was delusional to think something could actually go right for me" I said.

"And it did. You have an amazing possessive husband who will kill any guy who even breathes next you. Also you have four kids who love you unconditionally... even jade. Now you're expecting your fifth child. Zoli, you have so much love to give especially since you never got it before". That brought tears to my eyes. "Why must you make me cry?".

"Your a Cry baby. Don't blame me" he said.

Taking the napkin and wiping the tears from my eyes. "Damn pregnancy hormones".

"So what happens now?" He asked.

"Alex wants to personally handle Nia alone. He just wanted my blessing to do so. I told him go for it".

"Sis you do know this makes you apart of a mafia now. Your momma and Alex. See this is why you got to do background checks on people" he joked.

         ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

When I got home the house was filled with noise. Alex was tending to hunter with his homework. Jade usually breezed right through her work. The twins were just playing with each other. Alex looked my way "You okay?".

I nodded "yeah I'm fine".

Jade came running up to me "when can we go back to grandma Nia's house?!". I looked at Alex who looked at me "Umm jade look about grandma Nia...Alex cut me off "she's on vacation right now. When she gets back you can go over there". She nodded and ran back to what she was doing.

Hunter smiled "mommy you look cool with glasses".

"You like?" I asked.

He nodded "yeah I didn't know you wore glasses".

"These are fake" I said.

He laughed "that's so cool. Can I get a pair?".

"Yeah sure" I said. Hunter packed up his book bag and went upstairs. Alex came up to me loving my hair out of my face "How was the time with nick?".

"It was good. I caught him up to date with all that's going on" he removed my glasses and stared at me "have I ever told you how happy I am that you are my wife?".

"Everyday..." he smiled and kissed me "I just want you to be okay. I know you're dealing with a lot of hormones and all. Just if you feel anything let me know".

"Well I'm depressed with all that's going on. But that's it". He caressed my hair "you are allowed to feel something for what happened. But day by day you'll slowly get over it. You have me and nick and the kids and my mom. We all love you. My mom sees you as a daughter anyway. She may not look like you but she still loves you for making me happy".

"Can you stop with the speech? I can't cry anymore" I whined. He smirked "just telling you like it is".