Chapter // One

"Alex!" My mom shouts from down the staircase, "Wake up! I need you to stop at the Coffee House down the street for me, and grab me something!"

It's a Saturday morning, and my mom is waking me up at 8:30 in the morning. She only does it because she knows she can get away with it. She knows that I think of her as not only my mom, but my friend. She's one of my best friends, actually. Also, every morning I go to the Coffee House, so I was going to be going there anyways. I push the pillow I had laying on top of my head off as I roll out of bed. The first thing I see when I wake up is my reflection in the mirror that's leaning against my wall. There's marks on the glass from my friends signing it with my lipstick, but I've never taken it off. My hairs in a messy bun, and I'm wearing and oversized t-shirt that has the Blink-182 logo on it. After I get presentable I walk out of my room and jog down the stairs. When I walk into the kitchen my mom is sitting at the table with the newspaper in her hands. She sets it down on the table and smiles at me as she takes her reading glasses off.

"What can I get you? Breakfast is on me," I say as I slide my white converses on, "You bought the last time, it's my turn now."

I laugh along with my mom as I grab my keys off the kitchen counter. I usually leave them there, since I walk through the kitchen to leave the house anyways. I put the keychain in my pocket as I fix my flannel that's wrapped around my waist.

"How about," My mom starts, "Maybe just like a grande black coffee, and a piece of coffee cake? If they're all out of the coffee cake I want a blueberry scone."

I jokingly salute my mom as I walk backwards out of the kitchen and into the front yard. She waves goodbye to me with a warm smile as she picks her glasses back up and draw her attention back to the newspaper that she had set down. I turn around and start walking forward to my beat up truck. It's sitting right behind my moms brand new mini van, making my truck look like a piece of trash. But, it's my piece of trash so I admire it. It has a lot of character, and it's my first car, so I keep it around. I hop into the truck, and start driving to start my morning routine. Every morning I go to the same coffee shop, get the same drink, and sit in the same place, but since today bringing my mom back something I'm going to take it to go. Usually I bring my laptop and write my book that I've been working on for about two years. Everyday I read over chapters that I've already written and fix some of the spelling errors, and sentences that I can make better.

When I pull into the parking lot I pull into the closest parking spot possible to the door. There's about six other cars parked in the parking lot, but that's a good number for this place. This shop is only a block away from a Starbucks, so it doesn't get as much business as it deserves. I prefer this place because it's a lot more cozy and less modernized than Starbucks. It has more of a cabin feel to it. It's been my usual for the the longest time. Ever since I could start driving and getting my own drinks I started coming here, and it just kinda stuck with me. I make my way to the counter to see a very tall blonde haired boy standing behind the counter. As I get closer I can more details about him. Like how he has a lip ring on his bottom lip, and how his smile makes my heart skip a beat and makes me have to catch my breath. I've never seen him working here before, and I come here every single morning.

"How help can I-," he says as he fumbles his words, "I'm sorry.. I mean, how can I help you?"

He awkwardly laughs as he tries to ignore what just happened. I laugh along with him as look for my money that I had shoved in my pocket before leaving my room.

"I'd like a..uh.. a grande coffee. Black, and a slice of coffee cake. And a chocolate chai tea latte with a blueberry scone."

I say the last part with no hesitation, since I get it every morning. I never get sick of the order, but sometimes I think about ordering something new. I never actually decide to, but sometimes it crosses my mind. I smile back at the boy, as he nods and types in my order with a boyish smile across his face. I can see his hands slightly shake as he pushes the buttons on the counter. I slightly laugh, and the boy looks up at me. I bite down on my lip to make myself stop. He takes a deep breathe and tries to redeem himself and take the order.

"That'll be..$15.99- I mean, $15.55, sorry..this is my first day.."

I pull the money out of my pocket, and hand the bills to him with a smile on my face. The man hands me my change, and takes another deep breathe.

"Don't worry about it, you're doing a whole lot better than how I'd do."

"And your name?" He says as he holds a marker up a cup.

"Alex." I smile at him and back away from the counter and check my phone as my order is being made. I scroll through my twitter feed, and act like I'm busy so I don't look like a complete idiot as I wait. I scroll past a couple selfies, and an ad that was posted by a guy from my school of a small band that's performing later. I click out of twitter, and start deleting spam emails to keep me busy.

After a few minutes I hear my name called by an Australian accent. I turn my phone off and slide it back into my pocket. I see my order sitting on the counter in front of the man. I approach the counter and grab the cup holder first, then the bag that has my moms coffee cake, and my scone. I look up at his tag and read the name "Luke" written across the tag in bubble letters. I look up at him and see his chest moving up and down frantically as I smile at him. A laugh accidentally falls out of my lips as I try to catch it and put it back in. I wave goodbye with my hand that has the bag in it, and try to look a little less stupid than I probably already do.

"I'll see you later, Luke."

I laugh again as he waves goodbye with his shaking hand. I turn around and start walking towards the door. When I get into my truck again, and in complete silence I realize my heart is practically beating out of my chest, and how I'm shaking too. I didn't realize when I was in there, but now I know I feel completely stupid. I must have looked ridiculous in there. I set the drinks next to me on the seat when I see something written on the bottom of my name. I pull the cup out of the holder, and bring it closer to my face. When I read it my heart drops into my stomach as it flutters. Written in cute little letters it reads, "you have the most beautiful eyes". I shake my head, and put the cup back into its holder with an even bigger smile on my face that I can't seem to shake off.

When I pull back into my driveway I see my mom sitting on the front steps with the dog sitting next to her with the folded up newspaper in her hand. I jump out of my truck with the drinks and food in my hand as my dog runs after me. She's a chunky grey husky, named Isabella, but I've always called her Izzy. When I reach my mother I blindly hand her the drink from the holder, and follow her inside. When we get into the kitchen I sit down with her, and zone off into the window. I can see in the corner of my eye my mom bringing the cup up to her eyes as she looks at it more detailed.

"Alex.." My mom says slowly, "Why does my cup say I have the most beautiful eyes?"

I leap up out of my chair with no hesitation as I snatch the cup from her hands and set her real drink in front of her. My cheeks redden as I try to ignore the smirk she's giving me right now. I grab my scone in the other hand, and dash up the stairs to my room. I can hear my mom call after me saying little annoying things like "you need to find a man!" and how I need to be "settling down soon" even though I'm only seventeen. When I get into my room I calm my breathing down as I set everything that was in my hands and pockets down on my desk. I move my laptop across the desk, and away from me as I bring my drink closer. I take a drink, and when I set it down I stare at the extra message Luke had given me. Just looking at the words made my body shiver and my stomach flutter. I never really thought I had pretty eyes, or even really paid attention to them anyways, but now that he said something, I'm starting to take a liking to them.

Once I finish my drink and scone I slowly walk out of my room with my balled up bag in one hand, and an empty coffee cup. I poke around the kitchen corner and see if my mom is in there first. When I see that she isn't, I quietly inch to the sink, where I turn the water on even slower so it doesn't make a loud noise. I rinse out the cup, and dry it off with a paper towel. When I turn around to go back to my room I throw away the bag and paper towel. I sprint back up the stairs and into my room to go straight back to my desk. I set the cup down behind a pile of books, so just in case my mom decides to come in, she won't see that I've decided to keep my cup. I know that if she sees it she'll just antagonize me for it, so for now, it's my little secret.

..

(A/N: this is really short, but only because I just wanted it to be when they first met. Hope you guy like it so far!! & Alex is Emma Watson with long hair ((: -Carver)