X O X O | BLACKTAN

this is heavily inspired by gossip girl and the like. also, lately, i've been obsessed with 'DEMIGODS' (also BLACKTAN) and with 'god is a woman' by @/ghosting_. this is a simple one-shot, so there's no solid end. skskskks.
...
Bitches, bow down.
A new school year has begun and everyone is already prepared for the drama that's about to unfold.
But, before that, isn't anyone interested in the gossip we missed from our favourite circle members?
xoxo 💋,
you'll never know.

...
jennie immediately grabbed her phone once she felt the vibration in her pockets. she groaned as she read the latest post from the university's hottest website. did this person really have to make every post about her and her friends? was privacy really not a thing in this institution?

not that she didn't love the attention, but that's a story for another time.

she huffed and opened the metallic doors of her locker, painted with a shade of red and heavily vandalised with a mural of the school's signature animal. she shoved her books inside the spacious chamber. it was only the first day of school and the stress had already started to build up.

students were all around the campus area, but most of them opted to stay in the hallways. the loud chatter coming from friends finally seeing each other after the longest three months they weren't able to, echoed around the halls like a mantra. it irked her a bit, but it was the usual routine during the first day of school.

"hey, bitch." jisoo emerged from the top of the stair case followed by lalisa and chaeyoung. jennie smiled at the three of them and proceeded to join the posse. their heels clacked against the white tiles of the school hallways. students stopped to stare, but jennie's unnerving looks made them continue on their way.

"girls! long time no see. let's go to the cafeteria. i'm already starving." jennie led them towards the biggest room inside the campus. the students held great pride in the extensive choices of fine cuisine, ranging from the most expensive italian dishes (made by the most finest of chefs) to the skittles machine positioned at the farthest corner of the room.

the circular tables full of students went immediately silent when jennie, jisoo, chaeyoung and lalisa entered the room, however, the canteen was abuzz once more as everyone's eyes darted back and forth towards the entourage of girls.

"gosh. i've been craving for the school's choco cupcake." chaeyoung muttered once they reached the row of food scattered in the front of the canteen; an alignment of today's meals decorated the table.

"hm. i bet that's the only good thing about school." lalisa muttered to herself, but jisoo accidentally caught a whiff of her statement and chuckled.

"i can't still believe you dyed your hair, unnie," chaeyoung commented, her hands travelling towards jennie's blonde locks, "usually it's chestnut."

jennie smirked. "i wanted a change for senior year."

"or is it part of your plan to reign your revenge on min yoongi?" jisoo insinuated, crossing her arms over her chest but avoiding eye contact with jennie.

jisoo smirked. jennie was seldom labelled as the most transparent member, but whenever her on-again and off-again boyfriend, yoongi, was mentioned, it seemed like the figurative wall surrounding her crumbled down helplessly.

"hey, girls." namjoon sauntered over to them with a be-dimpled smile.

kim namjoon was one of the most popular boys at school. he was smart, talented, slightly athletic and overly handsome with blue-ish gray tinted hair— the dimples were a big plus. he's currently taking up business with kim seokjin, since both were set to inherit their families' businesses.

"hey, joonie oppa!" kim jennie displayed her gummy smile at the sight of the older boy. aside from yoongi, she was the closest to namjoon, especially since they were cousins and all.

"where are the others?" jisoo asked. she was never one to use honourifics, and namjoon became wearisome of reminding the younger girl to use it.

"i'm not sure, but i think all of them are still in class," he shrugged, "but i think they'll be here by—"

the mahogany framed-doors of the cafeteria unfastened to reveal the figures of six boys messing around. all awfully good-looking, mind you; completely obvious because of the open-mouthed stares of the girls.

"hey, guys!" jimin greeted. the purple ends of his hair bounced as he retracted himself from jungkook's headlock.

"jimin, it's literally senior year and you're still acting like a five year-old." jisoo rose an eyebrow at the handsome young man. jimin brushed his hair aside and smiled mischievously at the girl. jimin will always be jimin— no matter how old he is.

"can we sit down? my legs are getting tired." lisa asked, taking her plate off the counters. before she could make her way towards their usual table, jungkook stepped in front of her.

"i can carry you to your table, y'know."

"thanks, but no thanks. i'd rather not have a jerk-face carry me around the canteen." she smiled sweetly before pushing jungkook out of the way and walked towards the table at the edge of the room. the older girls shrugged their shoulders and shared incredulous looks but followed their youngest member.

"what just happened?" seokjin asked, hurrying beside jisoo as he carried his own plate. frowned momentarily before speaking.

"have you really not been observing those two kids?" she asked.

"i don't know. i haven't seen them too much over the summer."

right. jin was in the states over the last two months of summer vacation, meaning he hadn't really seen much of them. 'family business', he said to explain his absences from their usual gatherings. knowing jin, however, the red-haired girl was aware that he was just saying that to distract the gang from the fact that he was out of the country to enjoy himself without extra boundaries. jisoo rolled her eyes.

"well, when you went on vacay, lisa and jungkook started getting extra cozy. the girls and i thought that they'd be together by the time school started, but the almighty jeon jungkook just had to ruin it all when he was caught out and about with kim eunha." jisoo cringed before adding, "maybe you should tie up that maknae of yours, jin. who knows what shit he'll do next?"

seokjin remained silent as his eyes travelled towards the unreadable look on jungkook's face. a small frown set upon his lips as he stared directly at lalisa who was doing her best at pretending jungkook wasn't on the other side of the table.

...
well, well, well
looks like jeon jungkook won't be saved by the bell

the fresh air outside the campus grounds contrast so much with the drama reeking in the school corners, don't you think? it's still the first day of school and the OG circle members are already stirring up their own brew for another hot issue.
xoxo 💋,
you'll never know.
...
what's this?
looks like we have a little cat fight in our midst. be ready with your safety gear, my dear students. we wouldn't want the queen's scratches all over our faces.

xoxo 💋,
you'll never know.
...