Bad boys

Elise

Everyone has these ideas of bad boys. They smoke, drink, have a billion tattoos, party, sleep with anything that walks, wins the girl's heart, have a heart of gold, etc. You get the picture. Every girl wants to date the bad boy, well, except me. I'll explain in a minute.

We've all read stories and seen movies about bad boys. They're rough and dangerous. They do things they shouldn't do. They are the guys your parents warn you about. Yeah, those guys.

Most girls drool over them. I'm talking about you, sweetie. You got a bit of drool on the corner of your mouth. I have no idea why anyone would like someone that does stuff like that.  To me, it's useless and has no real purpose in life.

Before anyone condemns me for thinking this way, I have no interest in these things. I like other things and enjoy my freedom. 

Freedom is nice.  That means I hate when my parents ground me. 

I'm the girl who follows the rules, listens to her parents, gets good grades, and has freedom, emphasizing the word freedom.  It also means one thing. I don't love bad boys.  That might make me weird, but I prefer to go along to the beat of my drum.

"Elise!  Hurry up before you're late for school!"  Mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!"  I grabbed my bag, made my way downstairs into the kitchen, grabbed some breakfast, ate, exchanged pleasantries with my parents, and then went to school—typical behavior at home.  Along the way, I meet my bestie Ramona who is the complete opposite of me. She loves bad boys. I think she's been reading too many stories.

She rambles on as I listen about everything bad boy-related.  We finally reach our destination, which was school, as our other bestie, Rocky meets us.  Rocky's parents named him after Rocky Balboa because they love the Rocky movies. He hates it.

"And what are we talking about today, girl and somewhat girl?" He glanced at me as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Rocky, I'm a girl, well, the last time I checked. Of course, you would know this if you stayed awake during anatomy class," I reminded him.

"Touché, but I can't help it if I get an awesome nap during class." He grinned.

"How did you ever make it through school to become a senior?" Ramona asked him.

"It's called knowing the right people." He gestured with his finger.

"Aka, copying off the smartest kid in class," I told her.

"Ah."

I rolled my eyes at Rocky as someone walked by with their pack. That someone would be none other than Rocco Brandon, the school's resident bad boy.  We stood there as girls flocked to him as seagulls flocked to garbage.

"Now, that is what I would like to attain," Rocky mentioned. 

I looked at Rocco with disinterest. "You attain to be a caveman who thinks life consists of smoking, drinking, and every other bad thing?"  

"No, girls. Girls dig bad boys," he replied.  

I shook my head.  

"You disagree?" 

"Big time.  People like Rocco have no direction in their life. They are a rebel without a clue." 

"I'd like to date a bad boy," Ramona added. 

I looked at her like she was crazy.  Then again, she was for liking bad boys.

"Okay, Miss goody-goody. Who is your type of guy?" Rocky asked me. 

I looked around and pointed at someone. "Him."

They looked at the guy I pointed to, then at each other strangely.

"Wait. You would pick the Captain of the football team over the bad boy.  Are you crazy?"  Ramona asked me.

"Well, no.  Think about it. The Captain has to have good grades, everyone wants to date him, he has a ton of friends, and he's fit." I grinned.

"He's also a douche, copies off people like Rocky, and dates only cheerleaders. He's your typical cliche jock." 

I looked at her and started to get annoyed.

"What do you have against bad boys, anyway?"  Rocky asked me.

"I just don't like them." I shrugged, turned, and walked away.  Yeah, I know. I wasn't your typical girl who liked bad boys.  What is wrong with meeting a nice guy without the nasty reputation that goes along with it? 

As I walked to class, someone else had other plans.

******

Rocco

"Dude, she will never agree to it," Damien said.

"Oh, she'll agree to it, or I will make her existence pure hell." I shrugged as I tossed his books into my locker.

"You could have any chick. Why pick the one  you will never get?"  Jag asked me.

"Because I want her, and I always get what I want." I slammed my locker door shut, then walked away.

"Why do I feel he is going to drag us into a scheme?" Damien asked.

"Because he always does." Jag shook his head.

*****

Elise

I walked into class and took a seat somewhere in the middle of the classroom.  I wasn't like the kids that wanted to sit up front and be a teacher's pet. I didn't sit in the back with the troublemakers. You hand the band members on one side, while on the other side are the jocks.  The middle had the kids that didn't fit into any category. I was in that group.

As I sat there with my feet propped up on the chair, people walked in and took their seats. I sat there waiting for class to start when I heard someone say, "Move."

I watched as a guy got out of his seat, then Rocco sat down in his place.  He turned and looked at me.

"Are you lost?"  I asked him.

"No." 

"Then why are you sitting here?"  

"Why not?"  

"Because everyone has their place, and you usually sit back there." I pointed to all the other troublemakers.

"Who cares?  I can sit wherever the hell I want." 

"Of all the seats you had to choose, you chose to sit next to me." I groaned.

"I thought you could use some loosening up since you're wound too tight as it is. If they stuck a lump of coal up your ass, you would shit a diamond." 

I glared at him. "You're an ass." 

"And you're a tease. Don't worry. I'm going to change that very soon."

My expression turned to horror.  What the hell just happened?