Are you insane?

Elise

Ramona and I were hanging out when Rocky busted into my room like a freaking lunatic.

"Can I ask why you decided to crash our girl talk?"  I asked him.

Ramona and I looked at him like he was insane.

"Well, considering your talk is boring, and I got some crazy ass news, I have every right to crash your 'girl' talk," he answered.

We both looked at him like he was an idiot.

"So, the other day, I went to see Jaden," he said.

"You mean your booty call?" Ramona asked.

"Booty call. Hook up. It's the same thing. Anyway, I get there, and Jag is there with her. So, I sat in between them, and then I was in a threesome."  He grinned.

We did a double-take with our mouths agape.

"Oh, and I'm in a polygamous relationship with Jaden and Jag, who is bisexual," he mentioned.

We did another double-take.

"Are you insane?"  I stood up.

"I don't think I am."  He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "Rocky, they're using you."

"Elise, I have never been in this type of relationship before. It's freaking hot, and the sex is amazing."

"I will never understand the whole concept of that, or you're going along with it." I"

"What can I say?  I'm a horny guy." He shrugged

I contorted my face in disgust.

"I'm still amazed anyone would want to have sex with you," Ramona remarked.

Rocky and I looked at her. I shook my head. My friends were nuts.  They were even more nuts when they thought I would jump off the school rooftop.

Then someone yelled, "Hey, Elise!"

We tripped over each other, got to my window, and stuck our heads out to see Damien standing there. What did he want?

"Want to hang out?"  He asked me.

"And do what?" 

"Beats the hell out of me!"  He grinned.

I pulled my head in, but not before I knocked heads with Ramona and Rocky.

"How is it this idiot ends up in a three-way relationship, and you have two guys chasing you?  Yet, I can't even get one guy to even look at me," Ramona said to us.

Rocky and I shrugged. It's not like I had a freaking clue about why I had Rocco and Damien chasing after me. Heaven knows I didn't need the complication.

Ramona and Rocky left a few minutes later, and I invited Damien into the house.

Dad saw him and eyed him up and down. "You're Lars's boy, aren't you?"

"Yeah, and he's an asshole," Damien answered.

I looked at dad, trying to gauge his reaction.

"I can't disagree with that," dad remarked.

I tried to figure out what my dad meant.

"Makes two of us," Damien mentioned.

I shook my head.  Dad left us alone. Damien followed me into the living room. We sat down on the couch.

"Let me guess. It's your turn?"  I asked.

"We like to trade-off." He smirked.

"You guys are something else."

Damien shrugged.  Damien differed from Rocco. Rocco and I would bicker. Damien and I didn't.

A few minutes later, my mom brought us drinks. "Well, I see one of those nice boys is here." She smiled. 

I looked at her like she was nuts.

"I promise to keep your dad from hijacking your time together even though he keeps mumbling in the kitchen. Oh, well, sometimes you have to suck it up."

Damien snickered next to me. She turned and left the room as I shook my head.

He picked up the glass and took a sip.  "Not my usual choice of beverage, but it'll do."

"I doubt my parents would allow you to down a beer."

Damien smirked. "So, I was thinking we could hang out more."

"Why?"

"Why not?  You're not taken, and no law says we can't hang out."

What was with these two?  One minute, they act as if they own me. The next, they're trying to make some weird gesture to me. I found it insane.

I didn't realize it while thinking about this whole situation. Damien had inched closer to me. I turned my head as my face was mere inches from his. Whoa. That's close.

He looked at me as I looked at him and swallowed hard.  At this point, I had no idea what he was going to do.

He pulled back and held up a napkin in his hand.  "Sorry, I needed to wipe my mouth."

"Uh, no worries."

Was Damien about to kiss me?  Then I realized I was overthinking the situation.

Then, his phone started buzzing. He checked it, typed something, then slipped it into his pocket and stood up.

"Are you leaving?" 

"Yeah, but it was cool hanging out with you." He walked to the door.

I got up and followed him. "You don't have to rush off."

"I got places to be. Later, Harper." He left. 

I stood there, feeling like a complete idiot.  Or I expected too much.

This is what happens when you hang around bad boys. You expect the wrong things even when they tell you not to.

********

The next day at school, Ramona closed her locker and looked at me.  "Damien almost kissed you?"

"I think so, but he said he needed a napkin."

"But his lips were mere inches from yours."

"Yeah, but then his phone went off, and he left. He probably went to hook up with some random girl."

"Then there's Rocco, who has no issue saying shit to your dad."

"I have no idea. These boys are way too extra for me."

She shrugged.

At this point, I didn't even know.  Ramona and I parted ways, and I walked to class. As I passed a door, it opened. Someone yanked me inside, shutting the door behind us. Now what?

They placed their hands on my waist and pushed me until my back hit the wall.  What the hell?  Then something touched my lips. I realized the person was kissing me. It wasn't a simple peck, but an all-out kiss as their lips claimed mine.

I had this need to kiss them back. The person moved a hand behind my head and deepened the kiss.  The next thing that happened blew my mind. They slipped their tongue past my lips and into my mouth as our tongues danced around each other. 

Whoever this was didn't know this was my first kiss, but it was also excellent.  The way their lips pressed against mine and devoured them.  The person did one thing I never expected. They caused an explosion to happen inside me.

Then as quickly as it happened, they pulled back. I stood in this darkened closet with someone that gave me the most amazing kiss ever, erupting feelings inside of me.

Click!

I stood there in shock as I looked at the person before me. I couldn't believe it as they looked at me. I had no words at that moment.  I  knew one thing. This kiss changed everything.