Dealing with everything

Elise

I awoke the following day with my head pounding.  I sat up to find myself in Rocco's bedroom.  Rubbing my eyes, someone handed me a couple of aspirins and a glass of water.  I looked to see Rocco standing there. Great.

I took them, then climbed out of bed. I felt like hell. "I'm going to go." I wanted to get the hell out of there and didn't want to be anywhere near Rocco right now.

As I made my way to the door, he got there first and blocked me from leaving. "Get out of the way."

"Why?  So, you can get tanked again?" 

"Better than being in a room with someone who calls you names and makes you feel like shit." I glared at him.

"I was angry."

"So, you're angry and decided to degrade me? It makes perfect sense." 

"You accuse me of doing shit, yet I find you with Damien."

"Nothing happened." 

"Well, nothing happened with that hoe. Here," Rocco opened his phone and handed it to me, "take it and like at the dates of the messages and numbers."

I took the phone and scrolled through it.  I also came across a message from a guy about plans to work on a bike.  I stared at the phone as my brows furrowed.

"Elise, I haven't been with a chick since I got with you.  I wouldn't do that to someone I love."

I handed him back the phone. "It doesn't matter. Thanks to you, people talk about me now.  The difference between you and me is I would never do what you did to me."  With that, I pushed past him and went home.

At this point, I didn't care if my parents grounded me or not.  I still had to deal with school and comments.

When I got home, I had two angry parents meet me and grounded me.  I would be lucky to see any light of day.  I still had to go to school. I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone outside of school, which was fine.

I stayed in my room and read.  This is why you follow the rules and do what you're supposed to do. The holidays were coming up, and I would be confined to my room. Yay.

*******
I returned to school and discovered I was failing. When you skip and don't attend class, it's bound to happen.  The only way I would even graduate was if I made up all the missing assignments with a partial grade.  It was better than nothing.

I also braced myself for comments and remarks. Thanks to Rocco, I had been called a whore, slut, hoe, and anything else people would call me.  In class, I sat in the back with my head down, trying to block out the whispers.  Everyone loves the bad boy except me, and now I know why.

They love someone that degrades people and treats them like shit.  That makes sense. Oh, they're so hot, yet let's ignore the fact they practically destroy someone and enjoy it.  But it didn't matter. Not only did I get my heart broken, but I got to deal with the fallout.

At lunch, I would go to an empty classroom to eat and work on all my missed assignments. It was the same at home. I stayed in my room. As for college, I would be lucky to take courses at a community college.

Oh, and I got a lecture from my parents that if I thought I was such an adult, I could pay for college myself.  In their words, when you do adult things, you can take on the responsibility of being an adult.  I should have never gotten involved with Rocco. Maybe I wouldn't be in the mess I am now.  I may have done stupid shit, which I take responsibility for, but now I get to do everything independently. Lucky me.

********
Rocco

I opened my locker and pulled out a book when someone asked, "How long will you act like you don't care?"

I closed my locker to see Damien standing there. "It doesn't matter."

"So, you being in love with this girl doesn't matter?"

"I fucked up, she hates me, and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it."

"Yeah, you fucked up, but it doesn't mean you can't fix it. Roc, I would never mess around with some chick you're with, and neither would Jag. The only reason I didn't say anything is I didn't want to deal with the drama. It's bad enough I dealt with my old man. Then I found out someone killed him the other night."

"What are you talking about?"

"The night I found Elise was when my old man, Stone, and Draven were killed along with that stupid whore.  I didn't know until I stopped by my house to get a few things and smelled rotten meat. He was burned in the backyard."

I didn't have to question who did it. I already knew. This was the work of my old man.

"It's not like I give a shit anyway. My old man was a bastard in his own right."

Before I said anything, Jag walked up to his locker. "Did you guys hear about the two club members meeting their maker?"

We looked at him, then at each other.

"Something like that. Why?"  I asked him.

"It seems the two of them, along with someone else, orchestrated Elise's mom's death."

"Explain."

"They tortured and murdered her because of Jax. Then they accused a rival club of doing the dirty work.  Club members like to talk when they're drunk." Jax shrugged.

If that was the case, then there was more involved than my old man and what I did to Elise to cause her to spiral out of control.

After school, I drove over to the bar. I walked in, asking for my old man. One of the barmaids went to retrieve him as I took a seat at the bar. Another barmaid slid me a beer across the bar top.  He emerged a few minutes later, taking a seat next to me as he was handed a beer.

"Did I interrupt your play time?" I sipped my beer.

"And have your mom rip off my nuts? Doubtful." He sipped his beer.

I chuckled.  My parents aren't married, but my mom doesn't take shit from my old man.  I remember she caught him with some hoe and almost castrated him.  Yeah, never mess with a biker chick. They don't look too kindly on hoes messing with their men.

"What's up?" He asked.

"It seems you're into barbecuing."

He drank his beer, not cringing at what I said. "It needed to be done, and Jax needed closure."

I continued to drink my beer. I wasn't one for chit-chat or small talk. It never served any purpose for me.

"But you didn't come here to talk about my barbecuing techniques. I'm guessing you're here for about Elise."

"I fucked up."

He set his beer down and looked at me. "What did you do, Roc?"

"I thought Damien and her fucked that night I called you. I decided to get even."

"You decided to destroy someone because you were angry?  Boy, you are the damn dumbest person I know."

"I was angry." 

"Then you fucking cool off!  You don't destroy someone because you're angry!  You get your facts, then talk to them!  What the hell is wrong with you?" 

I looked at him as my brows furrowed.

"I warned you not to mess with this girl. She's not like the hoes that you love to fuck with.  Get your shit together before Jax puts you in the ground." He got up from his bar stool.

I sat there as a door slammed.

I needed to fix this. If I didn't, I'm sure Jax would put me down like a dog. He is a man of his word.