Finals and Graduation

Elise

Finals arrived, and so did our stress level, especially mine. My friends and Rocco tried to help, knowing it wouldn't help my Lupus.  All I wanted to do was get through finals and graduate.

They all helped me with studying, giving me different techniques to help with remembering things.  All I had to do was apply the concepts to my finals.  Easier said than done.  At one point, I took my head and beat it against the desk. Rocco put his hand in between the desk and my head to catch it as he was studying.

If we weren't at my house, we were at Jaden's or Rocco's or someone's house.  Since six of us were graduating, it made sense we were studying together.  All I wanted to do was get through finals.

"Elise, you need to relax," Rocco said.

I set my stuff down and looked at him. "I'll be lucky to pass with everything that had happened this year." I sighed.

"Is that why you're so stressed out? You don't think you're going to pass?"

"I barely passed my last semester's finals." I got up and started pacing around. 

Most people would say not to stress, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to graduate with my friends and go to college, but I felt like that was out of my reach.

He got up, walked over to me, and pulled me into a hug. "You're going to pass and graduate, then run off to college and meet some douchehead that I'll beat the hell out of for making a move on my girl."

I laughed as he chuckled.

"Feel better?"  

"Yeah, even if you are an asshole."

He laughed even more.

We went back to studying, then finals finally arrived.  Our classes were broken up over three days.  I did my best on all of them.  I even waited to find out what grade I got after each day.  I needed to know if I passed them. With each day, the teacher told me I had passed, then came the last day.

It had been unorthodox for students to find out their final grades. But after everything I had been through, I needed to know.  I met with my last two teachers after everyone finished. The others waited outside for me.

*******
Rocco

We waited for Elise to come out of school. She wanted to find out how she did on her last two finals. 

"How do you think she did?"  Damien asked me.

"I have a feeling."

The school door opened. We looked as Elise smiled and ran toward me.  When she reached me, I picked her up and spun her around.  "You passed, didn't you?" I asked.

"I passed!"  She threw her arms into the air.

At that moment, I could not be more proud of her.

I set her down, kissed her, then helped her onto the back of my bike. I started it, as did the others. We pulled out of the school parking lot.  Now to celebrate before we graduate. Plus, there was the matter of a bet I had to fulfill.

*******
Elise

Now that we were done with school, we had to practice for commencements.  I didn't mind. This was the easy part.  Then it was off to college. Ramona and I were rooming together at school come this fall.

Plus, Rocco's shop should be open by this fall. I had a feeling life was going to get busy for us in more ways than one.

On graduation day, I pinned my cap to my hair with mom's help as dad knocked on the door.  I turned and looked at him. "So, do I look like a graduate?"  I flapped my arms as he chuckled.

"Yep, and I'm a proud father of a graduate." Dad smiled.

I ran over and threw my arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.  "We better get going before we're late."

I let go of him and walked out of the room as they followed me.  We arrived at the ceremony.

I met up with the others but didn't see Rocco. "Where's Rocco?" 

"He said he had to take care of something," Damien said.

I looked at Ramona, who shrugged. Who the heck misses their graduation to take care of something?  Rocco does.

We all took our seats. The principal walked onto the stage.  We sat there and listened to him talk, then came the Valedictorian and Salutatorian, which were boring, too. Next came time for our diplomas.  We sat there as they called up each student by name.

"Rocco Brandon!"  The principal announced.

We sat there and looked around.

"Rocco Brandon!"  He called again.

Then it happened. We sat there as Rocco streaked the stage in nothing but a cap, grabbed his diploma, and jumped off the stage. My mouth dropped open as I started laughing while people clapped and cheered.  Of course, school security chased him down as we all roared with laughter.

Security eventually caught Rocco and made him get dressed as we finished getting our diplomas.

Once I received mine, I walked off the stage and toward him as he smirked at me. "Do I want to know?" 

"Well, we made a bet. I lost the bet. I always fulfill my end of the deal." 

I started laughing as he laughed before pulling me into a kiss.

Everyone loves the bad boy except me. I love someone else, and his name is Rocco Brandon.  To me, Rocco wasn't a bad boy but much more than that.  He was someone that had a side to him that I saw once you got past his asshole ways and all the other bullshit.

Who knows? Maybe there is hope for him yet. Guess we will see. However, things were going to take a turn for us.