Date night

Elise

Rocco decided to take me out on an actual date which was still weird.  I'm not talking about hanging out at our houses, but on an actual date, including dinner and a movie.

He picked me up and got the third degree from dad while mom told us to enjoy ourselves. I will never understand my parents.  He drove us to an actual restaurant, where we went inside and sat down to eat.  I'm still in awe of this.

After being seated, we ordered our food. While we waited, we talked.

"You've had some weird-ass look on your face. What's up?"  He asked me.

"I'm trying to figure out if I'm in a dream." I pinched myself. "Nope, not a dream." 

He chuckled as I sat there trying to understand tonight. "Is it so unusual to believe I can do what 'normal' boyfriends do?"

"I'm still wondering how we got here, to tell you the truth."

"It all started with a bet." He smirked.

Ah, yes, the infamous bet of who would fall for who first and which one would have to streak the school naked.  I'm sure the bet is null and void at this point.

He leaned forward on the table.  "Elise, I'm not any different from anyone else. Tonight is about you and me. Plus, I'm curious to know what you and Ramona were doing the other day while hanging out."

I sighed. I had a feeling Rocco was going to ask. I still can't believe we did that.

I leaned over the table. "Ramona was teaching me how to perform a blow job."

He looked at me strangely.

"With a banana." 

Then it happened, he laughed a lot.

At that moment, I wanted to bury my head like an ostrich.  I covered my face as he chuckled. "This isn't funny."

"The fact you were using a banana is hysterical." He chuckled.

"Ugh, I'm going to kill Ramona."

He finally stopped laughing, then looked at me. "Elise, I'm not expecting you to do that anytime soon." 

I released a breath in relief.

"Eventually, but not at the moment."

I smacked my forehead with my palm as he smirked.  The waitress arrived a few minutes later with our food. Save by food. Now we won't have to talk about this anymore.

I dug into my burger. I was pretty hungry as Rocco ate his steak. "So, I'm guessing you don't go out on many 'dates?'"  

"You don't tend to take chicks out when banging them. They're not considered 'date' material or 'girlfriend' material."

"What makes me so different?" 

He stopped mid-bite and thought about it for a minute. "Because I wasn't in love with them."

I sat there a bit surprised. Correction: I sat there highly shocked. Rocco looked at me as I looked back at him.  I had no words at that moment.

"Elise, I'm going, to be honest with you.  I never planned on falling in love with you, but I did, and I don't regret it.  You're not like most girls. You speak your mind, stand up for yourself, and you aren't out there hooking up with any willing dick that comes along.  Girls like that think that will get a guy's attention, and they're right, but only for a quick fuck until the guy moves on to the next one."

"Doesn't that make you as bad, if not worse?"  I was curious to know his answer.

"Not really.  People think it's bad because we're told doing what I do is bad. Maybe it is, but at least I'm not a damn hypocrite like most people.  I never lie about what I am or what I do. While people are judging me, they aren't squeaky clean."

"I guess because people assume how you act and look that you're a terrible person.  I mean, I did, only because I didn't know how to deal with things I didn't grow up around. It's not like my dad did all of that in front of me."

He rubbed his chin deep in thought.  My dad raised me in an environment that didn't include drinking, smoking, drugs, girls, or anything deemed bad.  He raised me in a safe and loving environment, sheltering me from many of those things. That's another reason I wasn't big on bad boys. I didn't understand the concept of it all.

"You're lucky. Because of how your dad raised you, you didn't have to deal with a lot of bullshit which makes you jaded.  It's refreshing to be around someone who hasn't done a lot of stupid shit and has an innocent quality to them."

"Won't you get bored of me because of it?" 

"How can you be bored with someone learning new things?" 

That was the thing I was learning about Rocco. He wasn't judging me for not being like the girls he had been with. If anything, it seemed like he was enjoying the fact I was nothing like them.

We finished our dinner. Then Rocco paid the bill before we got up to go to a movie.  We walked into the theater and looked at the selection of movies.  We both decided on a horror film since we both enjoyed the genre.

Walking to the concession counter, we both agreed on popcorn, candy, and pop.  Rocco paid for it, and he carried the popcorn and pop while I held the candy. I don't care what anyone says. You must always have these three things when you go to the movies. It was a rite of passage.

We found our seats in the middle of the movie theater and got situated.  Of course, Rocco set the bucket of popcorn on his lap.  I gave him a knowing look as he laughed, then assured me he wouldn't pull the same trick as before.

As soon as the lights dimmed, the movie started, and we settled in, snacking on our food.  The best part was the fact both of us enjoyed the movie.  I had to admit. It wasn't too bad being on a date with Rocco.  I was learning more and more about him each day.

*********
Rocco

After the movie, we left the theater, tossing our trash on the way out. I grabbed Elise's hand, interlocking our fingers. We strolled out of the movie theater, hand in hand as we walked to my bike.

Once I helped her on, I climbed on, started the bike, and took her home. I returned her just as I collected her, giving her a kiss goodnight before leaving.

As I drove to my next destination, all I could think of was she was different from most chicks I had been with.  I didn't mind because it gave me a chance to care about someone for once. All the others were killing time.

I pulled up to the bar and parked, getting off my bike and strolling into the bar. My mom saw me and proceeded to grab me a bar. Taking a seat at the bar, she passed me one as I took a swig from it.

"How was the date?"  She asked.

"It was good." I set my beer down on the bar top.

"Elise seems like a sweet girl, nothing like the hoes you hooked up with."

"Because she isn't." I shrugged as I drank my beer.

My mom leaned forward.  "Rocco, be very careful. This girl will not understand when you decide to get bored with her and move on. She's the type that falls hard for someone and can easily get her heart broken in the process."

"I don't plan on breaking her heart or getting bored with her.  She's a lot different from anyone I have ever met. She asks questions and understands.  Plus, I love her."

My mom looked at me, knowing Elise was different from any chick I had been with. I was never in love with any of them. With Elise, I am.

"When I'm not with her, I miss her. I think about her all the time. I can't wait to see her. She loves horror movies and Stephen King. She doesn't mind my bike or tats. I even quit the fags for her."

"It's good to see you finally found someone who can put up with your shit. If I were you, I would hold onto this one and don't fuck it up." She walked away and waited on other patrons.  Leave it to my mom to be blunt about shit.

It didn't matter anyway. I planned on keeping Elise for a long time. No one got me as she did. I needed someone like that.