Fallout

Rocco

Jax and his wife arrived after my old man told him where Elise was.  Her mom went to the room I told her Elise was in to take care of her as Jax looked like he was ready to murder someone.

"I want his name," he demanded.

"We already took care of it," I informed him.

"I don't care. Give me his damn name, Rocco!"

"Evan Harris."

Most people wouldn't have given his name, but I wasn't most people, and I didn't care what happened to that fucker.

We heard the door open with Elise and her mom emerging. Elise didn't say anything as they walked by us. She wouldn't look at her dad or the rest of us.  I didn't blame her.

They left as I sat back down.

"We're going to go," Ramona mentioned as she and Rocky left. 

I just sat there. Never in my life would I have ever done something like that. I know I wasn't any better than that douche, but I never tried to force myself on a chick. That's not me.

At this point, keeping my distance from Elise was the best solution.  She didn't need my presence around to keep her safe.  She needed a safe guy. I wasn't it.  I was far from it.

*********
Elise

My parents brought me home. I knew they would punish me for disobeying them. I deserved it. I deserved what happened tonight.  If Rocco and the guys hadn't shown up, Evan and the rest of them would go through with their plan.

When we got home, I took a shower. I took several. I felt so dirty.  The one time I disobey my parents and something terrible happens.  Why didn't I listen?  Why didn't I listen to my friends?  Why didn't I listen to the bad boys?  Why didn't I listen?

After my many showers, I went downstairs to face my punishment.  My parents were standing there. Dad was pissed, and mom was upset.  It was all because I disobeyed them.

"I know I'm grounded. I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Elise, what you did tonight was dangerous," dad told me.

I nodded.

"We don't make rules because we're trying to make your life difficult. It's to protect you."

I looked at him as I stood there. I couldn't even disagree with him. "I deserve what almost happened to me. I mean, you said no, and I still went. I know there are consequences to my actions. And I accept that. I don't want you to hate me." Tears fell down my cheeks.

"We don't hate you, but you disappointed us," dad replied.

At that moment, I was more disappointed in myself. I turned and retreated to my room.

********
All weekend I stayed in my room. Things were tense between my parents and me.  I knew Monday morning I would have to face everyone, and I wasn't ready for that, but I didn't have a choice.

Monday came, and I got ready for school, had some breakfast, then left. I ended up walking alone since I didn't see Ramona.  When I arrived, I saw her and Rocky with the other guys, and they looked at me. They didn't smile or wave even when I waved to them. Rocco walked away.

Right now, I felt like a pariah and alone. All those movies and stories you read about the girl having people help her after something happens aren't real.  They don't show you how upset people genuinely are with your actions.

My behavior towards my friends was horrible because I let some douche who they had warned me about affect how I treated them. Right now, I had to deal with the fallout, which sucked.

At lunchtime, I saw them at a table eating and sighed. What happened to me?  I was the good girl. I obeyed my parents. I followed the rules. I did what I was supposed to. Why did I let some guy persuade me otherwise?  Maybe I wasn't a good girl as I thought I was.  At this point, I didn't know what I was. All I knew was I had to deal with the consequences of my actions.

********
I decided to go up to the school's roof and sit down on the ledge. I just needed clarity about everything.  Of course, Rocky and Ramona got the wrong idea when they saw me from down below.

"Elise!  Don't jump!"  Rocky yelled.

What was he yelling about?

"What?"  I yelled back.

"Don't jump!  We'll be right there!"  Ramona yelled.

They both ran off.  Okay, I have no idea what they are yelling about.  Can't a depressed girl get some clarity?  She can't.

I shook my head and sat there, dangling my feet over the ledge.  I looked out into the distance. Man, you could see the entire school grounds from here.

Then someone sat down next to me.

I turned to see Rocco sitting next to me. "What are you doing here?"

"Your friends think you're going to dive off the school building."

"Okay, I'm down, but I'm not suicidal. I needed to clear my head." I sat there while swinging my legs.

"Clarity as in realizing you're a dumbass?"

I gave him an annoyed look.

"No offense, but you are. I'm Elise. I'm too good to listen to everyone and believe king douche."

I gave him an irritated look. He was starting to cheese me off. "Did you come here to make fun of me?"

"That and to keep your dumbass from doing something stupid."  He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes at him, got off of the ledge, and started to walk away as I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see him running after me. I picked up my pace as he chased me around the roof until he caught me.

I fought him. "Let me go!"

"Nope."

I fought even more until I hauled up and kicked him in the leg, causing him to drop me. Then I turned around and looked at him.

"What are you going to do, little girl?" 

That pissed me off as I hauled off and hit him. Of course, that hurt like a bitch. I grabbed my hand while jumping around.

"Is that all you got?"  He smirked, pissing me off even more.

I charged him and started hitting him, but he didn't hit me back. He stood there and took it as I wailed on him.

"I hate you!  I hate you!  I hate you!"  I kept hitting him until I wore myself out. "I hate you." I tried to hit him again until I started crying. Then two arms wrapped around me. I grabbed onto him and buried my head into him while I sobbed. "Why?  Why me?  What did I ever do?"

"You did nothing wrong." Rocco comforted me.  "But you needed to get angry."

I stood on top of the roof as Rocco held me while I cried.  The last person I expected to help me did.  It goes to show you not everyone is who you think they are.  Sometimes the last person you wish to be there is.  Talk about irony.