Going to prom with the bad boy

Elise

After our trip to Disney, I've learned nothing surprises me about Rocco anymore. Well, that's what I thought.  With Prom coming up, I figured he would show up on his bike in his leather jacket.  This wouldn't surprise me one bit if he did.

Ramona and I went dress shopping. I found something knee-length, considering I would probably be riding on the back of his bike.  Ramona found something simple.  Since she was going stag, she didn't want a big fuss with it. I couldn't blame her. If I weren't going with Rocco, I would probably be staying home. Although, I doubt she would let me.

After we finished shopping, we went to get our hair, makeup, and nails done. I hadn't heard from Rocco all day, so I figured he was probably drinking and doing God knows what. 

We sat in chairs as they worked on our hair and talked.

"So, you haven't heard from him all day?  Isn't that a bit weird?"  Ramona asked me.

"Not anymore weirder than Rocky going to Prom with two people." 

"I thought Jagger and him were exclusive?" 

"Who knows with those two?  One minute they are, the next they aren't. I can barely keep up with one guy, let alone someone else's love life." I sighed.

"At least you have a love life.  I have nothing at the moment."

"Ramona, you could have anyone you want." 

She rolled her eyes.

"I know. I know. It's not a bad boy." 

"It's not even that. I want someone who cares about me, which I have yet to find. I refuse to get involved with someone who doesn't care about anyone but themselves. A girl has to have standards, you know?" 

I giggled.

That was the thing about Ramona. She wasn't the type to pine over a guy for long. If he showed he didn't care about her, she said goodbye and walked away.  Sometimes you have to know what's best for you, or you get stepped on.

We finished up and grabbed some food, then headed home.  I had some time to kill before Rocco roared up on his bike, so I did what any teenage girl would do. I binged watched Riverdale on Netflix. Although, they need to add some more seasons.  Jughead is better for Betty than Archie is.  Archie needs to get his shit together.

As I became engrossed in binge-watching, I hadn't realized the time. Until mom came in and asked why I wasn't dressed yet?  Whoops.

I turned off the TV and dressed quickly with her help. Once I was ready, I made my way down to the living room.

"You look beautiful," dad told me.

"Considering I'm going to be in the back of Rocco's bike, my hair will look like a rat's nest," I said with a look.

Dad chuckled.

Knock. Knock.

"Speak of the devil." I answered the door to find a man in a suit and hat.

"Miss Harper?" The guy asked.

"Yeah?"  

"Your date has arrived." The man stepped aside and gestured past him.

Rocco emerged from a limo dressed in a black tux.

I walked toward Rocco as the driver followed me.  Once I reached him, he smiled.

"Bet you were expecting me to pull up on my bike?"  He asked.

"What?  Nope, not at all."

He leaned into me. "Liar." He chuckled.