Weekend getaway

Elise

Rocco told me to pack some clothes and make sure I had a jacket or hoodie. He said it gets chilly at night. Rocco also mentioned he had a way to warm me up.  I swear he's something else.

I packed a backpack with some clothes and a hoodie, and a few other items. Ramona was riding with Rocky and Jaden while the boys were driving their bikes.  When I even remotely mentioned to Rocco about hanging with my friends. I got met with a look along with a big fat no.

A familiar roar came outside as I took a deep breath and grabbed my backpack before leaving. I had no idea what was going to happen this weekend. I knew I was spending a couple of days with five other people.

I walked out of the house and over to Rocco's bike.

He helped me on, then shoved a helmet onto my head. "We wouldn't want your hair to get messed up."

I rolled my eyes. 

"Now hang on tight."

I wrapped my arms around his torso. He started the bike, pulled out, and drove to this place he mentioned.

It took an hour and a half to arrive, but he pulled into a spot and turned off his bike.  I looked around, noticing no one else was there yet. "When are the others arriving?" 

"They aren't." He climbed off his bike, then helped me off it.

Pulling off the helmet, I gave him a knowing look. You know the one that says, 'you're a dick, and thanks for lying to me.'  Yep, that was the one.

"That's not cool," I told him.

"You wanted to be with Rocco, not the bad boy. So, this weekend, I'm just Rocco. Without other people around, this will allow us to get to know each other better."  He traced my bottom lip with his thumb. 

My heart raced.

He lowered his hand.  "Come on. I'll show you around."  He nodded for me to follow him, which I did. 

Rocco opened the front door, and we walked into the cabin. He flicked on a switch, and it had a rustic look to it but also had running water.  Rocco showed me a room I could set my backpack down, then leave the cabin. Well, if anything did happen, there would be no witnesses. I sighed.

Once I got situated, I walked out of the room. If I'm going to be here for a couple of days, I should check the place out.  I walked around, checking out every room until I came to a room with pictures. Picking up a frame, I looked at it.

"Enjoying yourself?"

I jumped, fumbled with the picture frame, and almost dropped it. "Don't do that!" I immediately placed the frame on top of the dresser and turned to him. "Do you always have a habit of sneaking up on people?"

"Do you always have a habit of snooping?"

"I wasn't snooping but looking around. Snooping involves going through drawers and closets, which I have no interest in. By the way, where did you go?"

"To get firewood. It gets cold at night. Hungry?" 

I hadn't even thought about food until he asked me, and my stomach growled.

"Just a little." I gestured with my finger and thumb, making him chuckle.

Rocco went into the kitchen and started pulling items from the fridge. Then he gathered some pans to cook food for us. I took a seat at the table as I looked around. It was hard to believe I was here alone with him.  This was the last place I thought I would be with someone like him.