Things just got weird

Elise

The next day, I decided to go to the corner store to pick up some snacks, and when I meant snacks, I meant junk food. Glorious junk food. I may be a good girl, but it doesn't mean I don't like my junk food.

While browsing the candy aisle, something hit me. I looked down to see a bag of chips next to me on the floor. What the? The next thing I knew, I got several bags thrown at me. The only one that would do this kind of shit is King dick himself.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I already told you I was done with you. Do you always feel the need to harass someone?" I asked over the aisle way.

Then someone's head popped up, and it wasn't the douche.

"Well, if you're going to have something sweet, you need something salty to offset it," Damien mentioned.

I looked around at the many different bags of chips on the floor around me.

"Isn't this a bit excessive?"

"I didn't know which type you liked." He shrugged.

I leaned over, picked up a bag of Doritos, and held it up at him. "Always go with the obvious choice. You can never go wrong with Doritos." I smiled as he chuckled.

"How about this? You get the candy. I'll get the chips and some beverages. Then we can hang."

"I don't drink."

He arched an eyebrow at me. "I was thinking pop.

"Oh."

He laughed as he walked away. Okay, this was beyond weird. Damien was part of Rocco's pack. I bet Rocco sent him to spy for him. I wouldn't put it past him.

We stood in line. When we reached the counter, I set the candy on the counter as the clerk rang me up. I went to pay when someone stopped me.

"Here, add this stuff with it, and I'll pay."

I glanced. "I can pay for my candy."

"Naw, I got it. Put your money away."

I shrugged and put my money back. Once he paid, the clerk bagged up the items, and we left the store. He offered me a ride, but I declined. Then he asked me where I lived. I begrudgingly told him the address as I started for home.

Once I arrived home, he had already parked in my driveway. I shook my head as I walked up to the house. He got off his bike and followed me. I walked up the steps to the porch and took a seat on the top of the steps. He proceeded to join me as he pulled things out of the bag and handed me stuff.

"Let me guess. King dick, sent you."  I cracked open my pop bottle.

"Actually, no, he didn't. We don't tend to question what everyone's doing." He cracked the seal on his pop.

"Then you're spying for him."

"You watch too many movies and read too many books. I have better things to do with my time than a spy for someone." He took a sip from his bottle.

I sipped my pop before passing the chips and candy. "Okay, what gives? Guys like you aren't nice to girls like me."

"No, guys like Rocco aren't nice to girls like you. I'm not Rocco." He shrugged.

"There's a difference?" I arched my eyebrow.

"Big time. The truth is Rocco is real about who he is. People don't believe him until they find out he isn't lying. The one thing he doesn't do is lie." Damien opened the bag of chips and started eating.