Everyone has a choice

Disclaimer:  The chapter you're about to read contains essential subject matter and may be triggering.  Reader discretion is advised.
********
Elise

They say everyone has a choice, and with a choice comes a consequence to said choice.  I made a choice that proved I was wrong in so many ways.

Since the day I bumped into Evan, he started talking to me more frequently, which didn't go unnoticed by my friends or the bad boys themselves. I didn't care.  I liked that Evan Harris was talking to me.

Who wouldn't enjoy the fact the captain of the football team was talking to you or showing an actual interest in you? He even invited me to sit with him at lunch with the other football players and cheerleaders. 

Of course, my friends tried to talk sense into me, but I wasn't having any of it. I was tired of not being able to do what I wanted or talk to whomever I wanted. 

When Rocco and Damien attempted to persuade me my ideas were wrong, I convinced them to leave me alone by throwing stuff at them.  Evan even went out of his way to ensure I was left alone. See, I told everyone he wasn't a bad guy.

Just because he plays a sport and is a jock doesn't make him an asshole. People watch too many movies where the jocks are dicks.  I had proof of it, or so I thought. 

Here was the thing. Looks can be deceiving, and so can actions. People can put on a good show and eventually show their true colors. All it would take is one horrible decision on my part for this all to come to light.  It would also be the people I least expected to prove I was completely wrong about them.

*******
Rocco

Watching Elise fawn all over that douche pissed me off. I know I'm an asshole, but he is a bigger one. He hides it better.

At this point, even her friends started hanging around us. They were somewhat annoying, but they saw what we saw. 

"How long are we going to let this go on?"  Damien asked.

I stood there and watched that douche play with Elise's hair. "Girls like her prefer to have blinders on, and guys like him play on it."

"Roc, this isn't right.  You can't be a big enough asshole to watch her fall on her face," Jag mentioned.

I gave him a knowing look.

"It doesn't matter. The more you tried to convince Elise he's bad news, the more she thinks he isn't. Elise is stubborn," Rocky informed us.

"Yeah, she stubborn like a jackass which is going to get her hurt."  I slammed my locker door shut and walked away. I couldn't stand by and watch this anymore. If this chick wants to get wrapped up in the wrong guy, then so be it. I'm not her damn babysitter.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Ramona sighed.

At this point, whatever this chick decided to do was on her.

*********
Elise

It had been a couple of weeks since Evan and I talked and hung out.  He invited me to a party that the team was having to celebrate before the big homecoming game. He said they did this every year. It was a way for the team to get pumped up for the big game.

Honestly, I didn't know anything about what football players did except what I saw in the movies.  Even if they drank, it didn't mean I had to. Water would do just nicely.  Of course, dad had his doubts, and so did mom for once. That was weird.

We ended up arguing about it, and my parents told me no.  I told them it wasn't fair. I always did the right thing and never caused any trouble. Dad still said I couldn't go, except I decided not to listen for once and snuck out the night of the party.

Evan picked me up a block away from my house and took me to the party.  For the first time in my life, I did a bad thing. It would be the worst mistake ever.

We pulled up to a house and got out of the car.  I was nervous and excited.  I followed Evan into a home. Once inside, the door closed behind me.  I stood there, but I didn't see anyone except the football team.

"What's going on?"  I asked Evan.

"I told you we were having a party. It's just a private party, and you're the guest of honor."  He smirked as the rest of the football team smiled at me, but it wasn't the kind of smile you welcome. 

My heart thundered in my chest as I decided to leave until they stopped me. 

Oh, God. I should have listened to everyone.  Right now, all I could do was pray.

*********
Rocco

I was hanging out at Jaden's with everyone, and my phone started ringing like crazy. I answered it to find out it was my old man. He was looking for Elise.  I told him she wasn't with us, then hung up.

I got up and started for the door when I whistled to Damien and Jag. They didn't question me but left with me, leaving Jaden with Rocky and Ramona.

We walked out to our bikes and got into them, then jumped them as we peeled out. It didn't take long until we pulled up onto the lawn of a house.  We heard screams as we got off our bikes and walked up to the front door.

Within seconds, I kicked the fucker in as the three of us emerged. We saw one douche holding down a girl while another one was going to have his fun with her.  They stopped when they saw us.

The asshole got off the girl as Elise was lying on the floor with her clothes torn and crying hysterically.  Now I was pissed.

"Get out of here!  We're having a private party, and we didn't invite you!"  That douche barked.

"That's funny since we are at the party and you didn't invite us. I'm hurt." I feigned hurt.  I turned to Damien and Jag. "Aren't you hurt?"

"Yep," Damien answered.

"Immensely," Jag added.

I turned back around and cracked my neck.

"Get out before I call the cops!"  He shouted.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I nodded to the guys.

We went to town and beat the hell out of the football team—all ten of them. 

Then I grabbed king asshole by his dick and tore as he released a piercing scream."You think you'll take what's mine, think again." I yanked harder.

He let out a blood-curdling scream then I let go.  He's lucky I didn't rip his dick off.

After we finished with him, I turned to Elise as she tried to cover herself as she sobbed. I walked over and removed my leather jacket, placing it around her. Then I scooped her up and carried her out to my bike.

I set her on the seat, facing me as I climbed on. She held onto me as I started the bike.  The three of us pulled out of there and drove back to Jaden's.  Once we arrived, I climbed off, lifted her off the bike, and carried her inside Jaden's place.

Jaden instructed me to take her to a room, which I did. Then she and Ramona went into the room.

I left them alone and called my old man.  "It's me.  We found her. Yeah, we took care of it.  We're at Jaden's."  I hung up and sat down.

Damien, Jag, and I sat there. All I could think of was this was my fault. I knew why they invited her. When you hang out with people like us, people assume the wrong idea.  Now I understood why she hated bad boys.