Rockin around the Christmas tree

Elise

I walked out of my bedroom with dad behind me. I descended the stairs, saw Rocco talking to his dad, and turned to dad as he nodded at me. I took a deep breath and bit my lip.

What if this blew up in my face?

I turned around, only to stop by dad looking as I closed my eyes and turned back around. It was now or never. I took a deep breath, then started walking toward Rocco. As I reached him, he turned to me. I placed my hand on his neck and pressed my lips against his.

His arms wrap around my waist. I moved my other arm around his neck as he kissed me back. The kiss was sweet and tender, just like the first time. He moved his hands up and cradled my face as I placed my hands on his chest.

After a few minutes, we broke from our kiss.

Rocco placed his forehead against mine as I looked at him. "Let's discuss that you think you're good enough for community college."

I lifted my brows. Rocco gave me a slight smile as I gave him a sideways glance.

"Now that things are back to normal. Let's eat," my mom said.

Rocco and I continued to gaze into each other's eyes.

Everyone went into the dining room to eat. I pulled away from Rocco, only to be pulled back and glanced at him

"We have a certain matter of discussing you going through my phone."

"Oh, you don't have to worry. I will never go through your phone. I'll have some random guys send me dick pics."

He pulled me to him. "There will be no naked pics since you belong to me."

My brows raised. "Who says I'm yours?"  

"I say." Rocco pulled me tighter to him, claiming my lips.

It was the type of kiss that made your toes curl and electricity flow to your body. Rocco released my lips, took my hand in his, and led me to the dining room.

We all sat down and ate while talking. I had a chance to speak to his parents again as Rocco talked to mine while other people talked amongst themselves. For once, I was happy about Christmas.

*******
Rocco

Thanks to my parents and Elise's parents, I could do what I wanted to do and make this right with her. Having her dad pretend to be angry with her and treat her the way he was treating her was a difficult thing to convince him to do, especially with it being Christmas.

It was a dick move, but it was the only way I could force her to admit the truth. She was angry about so many things that lashing out was the only outlet she had. I might have been angry, thinking something had happened between her and Damien, but she was far more enraged than I was. She hid it better.

Anger has a funny way of screwing things up. We give in to it, regretting our actions later on. I think she was looking to prove her ideas were right about bad boys to justify her anger towards her dad, even if he didn't intentionally cause her mother's death.

While everyone told me how much I fucked up, Jaden convinced me of the real reason. She and I had a long talk about everything. If anyone was a straight shooter, it was Jaden. This is why we're not only siblings but best friends. She got me to see things even when I was a stubborn ass about it.

The truth was I didn't plan on falling in love with Elise, but it happened. When I set out to hurt her, I wanted her to hate me, so I hurt less. I figured if she hated me, I was justified in my anger, but I wasn't. She was justified in hers.

Jaden even told me that if you have a relationship, there must be trust. How can someone trust you if you have all these messages from random hoes? Then she smacked me upside the head for being a dumbass.

After dinner, everyone exchanged gifts. Elise opened one from her parents. It was a box full of Stephen King movies. She got so excited. It was the little things she enjoyed.

Then I decided to give her something. I reached into my pocket and pulled it out. Then I tapped her on the shoulder. She turned to me.

"I wanted to give you something, and I didn't want it to be cliché, but you would understand it." I dangled a necklace with a motorcycle in a heart from my hand.

Her eyes widened.

"Turn around."

Elise turned around and lifted her hair.

I unclasped it and put it around her neck, then clasped it. "The motorcycle represents me. The heart represents you hold my heart."

She turned around and held it between her thumb and finger. "I love it."

"I figure it was better than a promise ring." I shrugged

She leaned into me and kissed me. "I didn't get you anything."

"But you did."

"I did?"  

"You're mine again. Best Christmas gift ever." I shrugged.

She smiled at me. Her smile lit up her face. Damn, I missed her smile.

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out with people then I took her to see something. Of course, she made a fuss about being on a bike in the wintertime. I still put her on the damn bike. The longer we argued about it, the more I froze my nuts off.

She wrapped her arms around my torso as I drove her to what I wanted to show her. We drove through a park with lights decorating it while the snow fell. Just being with her like this was everything.

I pulled off and found a stand with hot cocoa. I parked and helped her off the bike. I bought two hot cocoas and handed one to her.

She sipped it but held it to warm herself. "It's weird. I never imagined Christmas turning out this way." She sipped her hot cocoa.

"Yeah, Jaden slapped some sense into me, and I missed you." I sipped my hot cocoa.

Elise crumpled her brows.

"What?"

"Why did you write those things on the board about me?"

"I didn't write anything on board."

"Are you sure because they started showing up after calling me a 'whore'?"

My brows furrowed. "I was wrong. Elise, I never wrote on any board about you. If I wanted to make you suffer, I sure in the hell wouldn't use any damn chalkboard to do it."

Elise stared at me in confusion as I thought about it. Someone else must have a grudge against her to trash her reputation.

When I found who it was, they would have wished they never did it, but that would wait. Right now, I am busy.

Elise and I may not be perfect people and make mistakes, but sometimes perfection is overrated. I would rather make mistakes with her than without her. I was better with her in my life than without her.