The bad boy's best friend

Damien

After graduation, we helped Rocco get his shop ready. I was staying with Jaden until I could get my place.  I sold that dump my bastard of an old man owned. I didn't need any reminders.  Besides trying to figure things out, I watched Elise and Rocco together.

I knew Ramona was right, but I refused to admit it. I didn't tell Rocco nothing had happened between Elise and me because I was hoping for a chance with her.  He's an asshole but still got the girl.  I mean, how the hell does that work?  He hooked up with that hoe while trying to talk to Elise and still got Elise.

I scoffed at the thought.  Trying to get my mind off things, I hooked up with random chicks, even hooking up with Jaden to fulfill any sexual need and get my mind off Elise. It didn't work.

I pulled a beer from the fridge and opened it before walking over to the couch and sitting.  I sat there and sipped my beer as the door opened, with Jaden walking in and taking a seat next to me. She took my beer from me and took a swig of it.

"Do you mind?" I took my beer back.

"My house, my beer, and not at all." She took my beer from me again. "Let me guess. You're pouting again."

I took my beer back. "Pouting would mean stomping around and throwing shit.  I'm not pouting."

"Damien, you need to move on. Elise is with Roc now.  They're fucking engaged."

I sipped my beer. "Normally, I wouldn't care, but Elise is different." I sighed and rubbed my head in frustration.

"Is it because Roc found someone that makes him happy? And she does make him happy."

I gave her a look, knowing she was right. As much as I wanted to hate the asshole for getting the girl, I couldn't.  It just sucked that I wanted someone like Elise. Most chicks were ridiculous and crazy.

I drank my beer as Jaden got up and grabbed one for herself.  I leaned my head back and thought about things. I had a feeling someone I least expected would be the one to show me what I was truly missing.

********
Ramona

Summer vacation is supposed to be the time to let loose and have fun. Instead, Elise is doing God knows what with Rocco, and Rocky is doing what Rocky does best and getting himself into situations he shouldn't be in.  Here I was, the low man on the totem pole. Such a fabulous life I lead.

I decided to venture out and find something to do. Anything was better than sitting at home. What's a girl to do but end up in a corner store buying junk food. Yeah, I know. I'm such a partier. Woohoo.

I scoured the aisle of chips, looking for something salty. Next, it was candy. You got to have the sweet to go with the salty.  I reached for a bag as someone reached for the same bag. I turned to see Damien standing there. "Do you mind?" 

"Not at all.  Now let go."

"No, get your damn bag." I snatched the bag from him.

"That wasn't nice."

I arched my brow at him.  "Were you expecting someone like, oh, I don't know, Elise?"  I smirked.

He gave me an annoyed look. "We've already established Elise is with Roc."

"Yes, we did, but you seem still hung up on her. Oh, Elise, run off with me on my bike." I clapped my hands together and batted my lashes at him.

"Did anyone tell you you're annoying?"

"Did anyone tell you you're pathetic by pining over someone you'll never have?"

"Aren't you two supposed to be besties?"

"We are besties.  I like giving you a hard time because I can." I smirked.

Damien rolled his eyes. 

"Face it. You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you found someone that flipped your world upside down."

He rubbed his chin. "Want to bet?"

"You can't be serious?"  I scoffed.

"Why not?  Are you afraid you'll lose?"

"Oh, I won't lose. You will."

"Fine. I bet you'll fall in love with me." 

"Pft, you'll lose that bet." I laughed.

"Then bet."

I rolled my eyes, turned, and walked away.

"See, you can't even take a simple bet!"

I stopped as I reached the door and turned to him. "It won't be me falling for you. It will be you falling for me. You're on." 

His face dropped as I smiled before walking away.

Newsflash, Damien, not every girl falls for the bad boy's best friend.