Chapter 5

Eugeo's POV

Me and Kirito were now just sitting around in my bedroom, we were both on our phones. It was now late evening too, about seven, and the sun was setting... The days had began to get shorter, and temperatures were going down. I looked out of the window and admired the view in front of me, it was better than Tokyo, as I could now see the sky instead of buildings after buildings.
The sun shone gracefully through the thin curtains, and illuminated the room with a dark orange. My hair looked even more blonde as the light reflected off it, and it warmed up my skin comfortably.
"Eugeo..." I heard Kirito say, he was holding up his phone and was pointing at it.
"W-what is it Kirito?" I replied, still trying to figure out what he was doing with his phone. He sweat dropped and gave me a funny look.
"Can I have your number, idiot." He laughed out. I blushed slightly in embarrassment, and I picked up my phone nodding towards him. I held out my phone and Kirito copied my number into his contacts, I did the same when Kirito held out his phone.
After exchanging numbers, I sat back down on my bed, which Kirito had currently been sitting on. I was leaning against the wall, still looking out the window.
"Hey Kirito, how long have you lived in this town?" I asked, breaking the silence.
"For about three years... I moved here when I was sixteen." He replied, looking towards me. I nodded in return, thinking of another conversation we could have... but Kirito did that job for me.
"O-Oh I was going to tell you earlier but... remember what happened today? When that girl came and talked to me and I started to cry?" He said. I quickly recalled the events he was talking about, and I remembered his broken expression. My mood dropped slightly and I nodded.
"Her name's Asuna... she broke up with me yesterday, sorry, I just feel like you should know. Since you've told me a lot about yourself already." Kirito mumbled out the last bit. If only he knew that I hadn't told him so many important things...
I placed my hand on his shoulder, making him turn his body slightly in my direction.
"It's okay Kirito, I'm honoured for you to have told me. Don't worry, I'll be here to comfort you if you ever need help." I said, smiling a bright smile, I tried to make it look as real as possible.
I never had the courage to smile any more, I feel guilt whenever I do. Even if it's fake, I don't deserve to be happy... after what I did.

-Flashback-

Me and Alice were walking down the street, we had just left school and were making our way home. We talked like usual, our conversations never had any awkward silences and we could literally say anything. Alice was the first person I told about my sexuality, she took it... mildly well.
"Alice... I just want you to know that I... I-I like boys..." I said, stuttering out my words. She looked at me with wide eyes, but then her face softened.
"Oh Eugeo... I'm happy for you really, but I guess I got the wrong impression." She sighed and carried on speaking. "I've always loved you Eugeo."
I stopped walking, and she stopped as well. I felt a wave of guilt, and tears started to run down her cheeks. I took a step towards her and wrapped my arms around the back of her neck, pulling her into a sweet hug.
"I'm sorry Alice, as you know, I like boys... but you are still one of my closest friends, and I love you for that." I whispered out soothingly, now stroking her golden hair comfortingly.
She pulled away slowly and looked me in the eyes, smiling.
"I guess this is a bad time to break the news but... I'm leaving Tokyo next week, my father got a promotion and we have to move." She said, nervously pulling at the necklace hanging loosely around her neck. The words didn't fully sink in until a minutes silence went by. Tears had slowly started spilling out of my eyes and I didn't even notice them, Alice took out a napkin and carefully wiped my tears away.
"I'm going to miss you when I leave, you know that right Eugeo?" She whispered, her hand lingering by the side of my face. I was still silent, my brain was trying to process the amount of information I had received over the past twenty minutes.
"I'll miss you so much Alice..." I said back, my voice quavering because of the tears. She took a step back and smiled up at me, she then turned around, walking into her home.
She lied to me.
She left the next day.
And I broke her heart.

-End of flashback-

"Hey Eugeo! You still there?" I heard Kirito say, his hand waving in my face. I looked up at him, laughing nervously.
"S-Sorry Kirito... I got lost in my thoughts for a minute there." I replied, feeling guilty. Kirito hit me on the back gently, but with enough force to push me forwards slightly.
"My my Eugeo...! Are you tired?" He said, smiling brightly.
He has a cute smile.
I blushed because of my thoughts, and looked away.
"I had enough sleep last night don't worry Kirito!" I said back, my voice increased in volume. Kirito then wrapped an arm over my should and place his other hand on my head. He started to ruffle my hair, and I could tell that it was now a mess.
"Kiritooo! Stop!" I called out, trying to push Kirito off me. He was surprisingly strong and I couldn't get him off, we ended up tackling each other. It was mostly me struggling, and Kirito kept tickling me in my waist.
"Don't you dare tickle me!" I shrieked, laughing loudly. Kirito started to loosen his grip and I slowly fell down on top of him, both of us laughing for a prolonged period.
It took us a while for our laughter to die down, and we were now catching our breath... I was still lying on top of him, and I blushed when I realised that if my mum walked in...
I quickly moved my self off of him, lying next to him instead.
"Good god Kirito... I nearly died!" I said, exaggerating slightly.
I only got a small chuckle in reply.

Then a hand on top of mind.

——