Chapter 33

Kirito's POV

I had started to get to know Alice, she was Eugeo's childhood friend and went to a school nearby. We had recently been hanging out together after school, showing Alice around the town. But I didn't show her the café me and Eugeo always went to, since I felt like that was our place.
I have to admit, Alice and Eugeo are really close and I'm mildly jealous. But I knew I had nothing to worry about, Eugeo was my boyfriend and wouldn't give up on me like that... at least I hope that's true.
Sometimes I wonder if Eugeo knows I love him, It's the same as when I was with Asuna. Never showing the right amount of affection... I guess in a way it's difficult for me, being in love is just so hard...

"And this is where I live. Where do you live Alice?" Eugeo said, while we were walking in front of his house. It was a chilly day, and was even raining, but walking back from school was mandatory...

"Oh, I live in that area..." Alice replied, pointing in the direction my house was also in.

"Really? I'd love to see it one day, Kirito lived down that road as well. How cool is that?" Eugeo said, his smile was bright, and I don't know if I'd ever seen him smile like that with me...

"Yes, I'll be sure to show you two... I best get going now, thanks for walking with me again!" Alice replied. Me and Eugeo both waved towards her as she left, and it was just me and him again.

"Eugeo..." I said, facing his direction.

"Yes Kirito? Is something wrong?" He replied, his tone was filled with worry. Sometimes I hated how he would worry so much about others, and he'd never be worried about himself.

"No- It's just... you've been smiling a lot more recently..." I stated, scratching the back of my neck.

"O-oh... really? You noticed something that small...? Even I didn't..." Eugeo said, looking towards the ground. He was still the same shy boy I fell in love with, and when he was confident it revealed a whole other side to him...

"I like it... but I guess it bothers me a bit, I wish I could make you smile like that." I teased, placing a hand on his head and ruffling his hair.

"H-hey! You've made me smile loads of times, even when you text me!" He called out, attempting to remove my hands off his head. I pulled him into a side hug, my face was pressed against his neck, I couldn't keep in my laughter.

"You smile at my texts? Oh Eugeo..." I said, my voice shaking because of the laughter.

"S-shut up! Shut up!" Eugeo stuttered out, his face was flushed pink and I pulled away gently.

"Eehhh, fine Eugeo, I'll just send even more of those texts! I'll see you in the morning." I responded, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. I always tried to keep goodbyes short, since staying longer always left me with guilt.

"Mpfh, see you tomorrow! Love you lots~" Eugeo called out, as I started walking away. I returned the wave, and fought the urge to run back into his arms.

The walk home was a lonely one, well at least I expected it to be lonely. I saw Alice sitting on a bench, just round the corner, she stood up as soon as she saw me.

"Kazuto! Sorry, I'm kinda lost... i remember my house number but I can't see it anywhere... I'm number nine by the way." She said, her voice was almost angelic and it complimented her features.

"This isn't the first time I've done this... come on, I know where that house is, since I'm number four." I replied, she started walking with me, our footsteps in sync.
It was also mildly awkward, since I didn't know what to say and it was pretty silent right now...

"When you said you've done this before... what did you mean?" Alice said, breaking the silence. I recalled the events of when I first met Eugeo. The memories made me smile, things were so simple...

"When I first met Eugeo, he got lost... I had to show him to his house. Ever since that day we've walked home together." I said, the words left my mouth quietly, and anyone could tell by my tone that I truly loved Eugeo.

"You love him don't you Kazuto?" Alice asked, her voice seemed to get lower and she could possibly be jealous.

"Well yeah... he's my boyfriend after all." I replied.
I never knew if Alice was aware of our relationship, but I guess that since I had to tell her, she didn't know.

"Wait, you have a boyfriend not a girlfriend? I could have sworn..." Alice mumbled out, I could tell she was deep in thought. I just laughed at her, I think she was still in love with Eugeo... the signs were obvious, she always blushed and would talk to him a lot more than me. But that could just be because they're childhood friends... oh who knows?

She won't be getting Eugeo! He's mine!

"Oh ahhhah, I admit lots of girls like me... but I only love one person and that's Eugeo." I said, looking down slightly at the girl next to me. She looked a bit disheartened, and I understood her pain. "We're here by the way." I added, we stopped in front of a house which was painted yellow, it wasn't as decorative as the rest of the houses and the grass was getting overgrown. Understandable from a family which only moved in recently.

"Oh, Thanks Kazuto... and by the way, since your dating Eugeo, you need to know just how sensitive he is. He's special okay? Never lose him, you'll regret everything if you do." She exclaimed, her words were sharp and I nodded quickly towards her. I watched as she went into her house, the door slamming loudly.

Little did she know that I'd never leave Eugeo... he's just too perfect.

——
I admit, this was a filler chapter. I'll expand on Alices character soon!!