Chapter 29

Eugeo's POV

I knew that Kirito can be a bit overprotective when it comes to these things. It did make me feel safe, and I loved it when Kirito would get all protective over me... but right now wasn't the time to be amazed by Kirito's antics.
Kirito could easily start a bad fight out of all this, but I didn't even know the facts, it could have been someone else and Asuna could have nothing to do with this.

"What are you on about?" Said Asuna, taking a step forward. The rest of the group looked confused, and I could tell they were angry over how Kirito was acting right now.

"Man, what the hells got into you?" Said Klein, trying to calm the two down. Kirito payed no attention, he continued to stare down Asuna.

"You know what you did, you're the reason Eugeo was in hospital!" He shouted, seemingly getting further away from me and closer to Asuna. If I wasn't carful Kirito could easily start a a physical fight, even though he isn't really the type to do that, he'd do it if he had too.

"I have no idea what you're talking about! Why was Eugeo even in the hospital anyway?!" Asuna shouted.
I tensed up, knowing Kirito would say something if he didn't calm down, he did stop.
I looked towards him, my heart racing in fear. I didn't really want anyone to know about this, but eventually the truth with have to come out and I did trust these guys... I just wasn't sure about Asuna.

"Kirito... I think I can tell them." I said, taking a step towards him and his hand now in mine. I saw him relax slightly, and I knew that if I kept him close he wouldn't cause a rough fight.

"If you're sure Eugeo..." Kirito replied, squeezing my hand gently. I took a deep breath in, readying myself for a bad reaction. I knew however that they wouldn't do this, I was always nice to them and they were nice to me, so I knew they'd help me through this relapse instead of making it worse.

"I... I relapsed the other day, I think you can guess what I mean..." I mumbled out, looking down at my arm. Underneath the sleeve were bandages, they needed to be replaced every three days, I knew that they would scar and my friends would see them eventually...
I looked back up, the group looked concerned. It made me feel guilty, and even angry, they needn't waste there worry on me and I am not the person they should be concerned with.
Right now, Kirito was still fighting the urge to snap at Asuna and I didn't want all the attention on me.
Kirito seemed to sense my fear, and he turned back around to Asuna, I could tell he was going to confront her about what I said. It'll be really embarrassing if it wasn't her...

"Listen, Asuna. We can't go on with these bad terms, so just come out with the truth! Did you see Eugeo the other night?!" Kirito said, his voice getting louder at the end of his sentence. Everyone's gaze was set on me, except Kirito and Asuna, and I could tell they wanted more information about that 'night'.
I still held his hand, pulling him closer to me slightly, I knew that the contact would calm him down since it worked for me every time.

"Ahh... you really are persistent aren't you?" Said Asuna, laughing accusingly. I knew from that, it was defiantly her, Asuna was really the person who did that too me, she made me doubt everything I had with Kirito...

"Kirito... that's enough... can't we just go home?" I mumbled out, knowing if this started to get more intense I might have to end up going back inside to the hospital to help Kirito... I was about to start pulling him away when I caught a glimpse of something bright.

Kirito must have noticed I was distracted, and looked over as well.

Golden hair...

It couldn't be...?

I forced myself to look back at the group, my mind swirling with multiple thoughts. Was this person walking into the hospital the person I was thinking about? It could have been anyone, but I just had this feeling... a sense of, friendship...

"Eugeo? Are you okay?" Lisbeth shouted, her voice pulling me away from my thoughts. I didn't notice Asuna had left, Kirito must of told her to leave, I was grateful for that, since she scared me quite a bit now. We're lucky they didn't get into a huge fight...

"Yeah... I'm okay." I replied, my eyes slowly drifting back to the hospital doors, I was extremely curious. I really wanted to go and chase after this person I saw, and I knew this would be a once in a life time chance...
"Actually, I think I left something in the hospital... Kirito can you come with me?" I added, taking a step back towards the entrance.

"Sure, what did you leave?" Said Kirito as I dragged him quickly towards the exit. I looked at him, and without replying I just smiled. This was my chance... if this person really is who I think they are, I actually don't know what I'm going to do.

We turned a corner, in a completely different place than where my room was. Kirito didn't ask any questions, most likely because he forgot where everything was anyway...

There I saw her, sitting on a chair with a leaflet in her hands. Her golden hair was in a tidy braid, falling down onto her shoulder... I knew it was her straight away, and when her blue eyes met my own, I could tell she knew too...

I walked forwards even more, Kirito standing close behind me and I knew he was about to ask something. I squeezed his hand, hinting at the fact I knew what I was doing.

"Alice is that you?"

——