Chapter 12

(A/N this is my favourite chapter!!)
Eugeo's POV

It was a quite walk through the rest of the park, Kirito had started leading me towards the town now, most likely to get some food. I looked up at the sky, the sun only just peeking through the autumn clouds... I started to think, which is probably not the best thing I could be doing. Why did Kirito get me this necklace? There must be a reason other than just a friendship thing... it looks really expensive as well, it was even engraved!
I looked over at Kirito, his face was relaxed and there didn't seem to be a single problem going through his mind. I then thought back at when Kirito put the necklace on me... I could have sworn he lingered just a bit too long, and he even blushed! Oh god oh god oh GOD, why am I like this? Kirito is just too cute sometimes...
"Eugeo?" Kirito said, taking me out of my thoughts.
"Y-Yes Kirito?" I replied, mildly shocked at the seriousness of his voice.
"Have you ever been in a relationship with someone?" He said.
I hesitated, not answering for a good few minutes. I had never been in a proper relationship, I've just lived with petty crushes my whole life. But I bet Kirito had been in lots of relationships... and with girls for that matter.
"W-well no, I haven't..." I answered finally. I looked at Kirito's expression, he was smiling as usual, when did he not smile?
"Oh I see... And, this will probably sound rude, but do you have a crush on anyone right now?" He said. I immediately went red and looked away, there was the urge to scream that I loved him and only him, but I managed to keep it down.
Kirito has seen my strange reaction and started to laugh.
"My my, you do Eugeo?" He laughed out even more. I had to have been the most embarrassed right now in my whole life, but little did Kirito know that my crush was him...
"W-well Kirito, maybe I do? Why? You jealous?~" I teased, to get rid of my embarrassment. I walked in front of him, turning my head back slightly to look at his face. To my surprise he was just smiling, and I had to keep in a pathetic laugh.
"What if I said I was?" He replied, teasing was also in his voice. My heart skipped a beat, and the thought of Kirito liking me back flooded into my head.
I stopped walking and looked at Kirito, who was smiling seductively.
"S-Shut up Kirito!" I exclaimed, waving my hands around in his face.
We earned a few weird looks from people passing by, but I had to do whatever I could to end this misery... but I secretly loved it.
Kirito stopped my hands waving around his face by grabbing both my wrists. I flinched slightly, but the touch was so gentle and delicate I didn't feel any pain or fear from him.
He didn't let go. We had been standing there for a few seconds, him holding my wrists and me just standing there awkwardly looking at his face. My eyes moved down, looking at his lips. They looked so soft... and I wanted to kiss them so badly.
"Kirito... you're kinda-" I was cut off by Kirito's finger being placed over my mouth, in a way to silence me. I looked to my left, then to my right, there weren't any people around...
I looked back at Kirito, who I swore could have just got closer to me.
The sun was no longer fully up, and it had started to set. The light that was reflected in Kirito's eyes was aureate* and it reminded me of the summer time, I looked at his lips again. They had definitely moved closer, I felt my face heat up and If Kirito got any closer he would be able to hear my quickening heart beat.
"The fact the you haven't pulled away yet tells me something, Eugeo..." Kirito whispered out. I shivered as I felt his breath against my cheek and jaw.
"The fact that you're getting this close tells me something..." I replied, my voice was hushed.
Our bodies had gotten closer, my mind was racing and the thoughts of Kirito were just too much. I took a breath in, catching Kirito's scent from the jumper he was wearing, and then sighed quietly.
"Eugeo... if you're going to get this close, you might as well just kiss me..." Kirito said, his voice was seductive and I shivered even more.
"Is that an invitation...?" I replied, I was basically just asking for consent, but I had to know whether Kirito was joking around anymore.
I felt Kirito's hand move away from one of my wrists, moving up my arm and then eventually resting by my cheek. The soft touch of his hand against my cheek had pushed me over my limit, I had to contain every urge to stop myself doing anything stupid.
Kirito was about to answer my question, but he had moved too close, and our lips skimmed each other. I blushed madly, craving the touch even more, Kirito still hadn't pulled away and he seemed to enjoy my flustered reaction.
"Who's your crush Eugeo...?" He whispered out, was he just doing all this seducing to get the answer out of me? That sounds like a Kirito kind of thing to do... but I'm enjoying it greatly...
I quickly flicked my eyes up and looked into his, they were half closed and I could only just see the shine of his grey iris. There was also blush present on his face, making the space between us a pleasurable heated moment.
"You probably already know the answer..." I answered finally, my voice quivering slightly. To be honest, I was still scared to tell him even if he was this close. Kirito didn't like me back, and I couldn't be more sure of something in my life... or am I just lying to myself?
Kirito moved closed, if that was even possible, his hand was still holding my cheek. But the other, the one holding my wrist, had moved downwards and our hands were now intertwined. I once again fought the urge to kiss him, if he wanted a kiss he had to do it first.
Kirito moved a piece of hair out of my face, surprisingly enough it was a piece of hair that was close to my mouth. My heartbeat quickened, the pain in my chest was the love I felt for Kirito, not being able to be expressed...
I couldn't hold it in anymore, my mind was racing and I had already gotten this far.
I started moving in, me being slightly taller than Kirito I didn't have to go on my toes. Our lips connected, Kirito had closed the gap... Fire lived within his kiss, he had a way of melting every part of me.**

——
* Aureate - Brilliantly golden
** A quote from Christy Ann Martine