Chapter 25

(TRIGGER WARNING! Sensitive topics, read carefully.)

Eugeo's POV

The sight immediately made me stop, I hadn't been tempted to do something like this for ages. My hand hesitated, the voice in my head screamed at me to pick it up. But my heart told me otherwise.
I started to shake, and ran a finger over my old self inflicted scars.
"Why is my life so complicated..." I whispered to myself.
All these negative thoughts impacted me greatly, this wasn't supposed to be happening.
I'm supposed to be happy...
I have Kirito, a group of supportive friends. At least I thought I did, after what just happened with Asuna I'm starting to have doubts.
Do they all think I'm being used? Do they all think I'm pathetic and just a distraction for Kirito?

Most importantly, am I starting to think that..?

I closed my eyes, one hand still lingering above the blade. I could see the light reflecting off it, almost luring me in.

I picked it up.

The voice in my head seemed to get louder, telling me what to do. I listened, it controlled me.
I bought the blade down and it was now hovering over my skin, I was so close. All my recovery will go to waste from this one thing, I felt tears falling down my face.
Did I really have to do this?
I ignored the doubting thoughts, my mind getting more negative as the blade got closer and closer.

Then it stopped.

Blood was now falling, and a deep cut was now on my wrist. The moment I felt the liquid drip down my arm, all the thoughts disappeared. It was a relief to finally get rid of them, even if I knew they'd come back, this feeling of peace lasted for a short time.

I repeated my action, one, two...
Six more times, until I myself knew it was getting harder to continue. The pain was numb, even though they were a good few centimetres deep, and blood was all over the floor.

I felt nothing.

The realisation hit me, and the trance I was stuck in finally broke. I felt guilty, if Kirito was to find out... wait, would he even care? I've always talked to him and depended on him with all my problems. He never talked to me about his though, i was always the one crying and spilling the pathetic information about my home life.
I slowly started to walk over to the sink, placing my arm inside and running the tap.
The contact burned slightly, and I knew that I won't be able to lean on this arm for a while. I watched the blood, which still spilled slowly out of my arm, getting washed away down the sink.
I suddenly started to feel light headed, and my vision blurred.
I was delusional, but I could have sworn I heard Kirito run into my house. I fell to the floor, my hair getting wet from the remaining blood that had puddled onto the floor.
I saw him walk in, why was he here?

"Thank goodness... Kirito..." I whispered and my vision went black.

Thanks goodness...

Kirito's POV (ikr 2 povs in one chapter!)

I knew something was wrong, as soon as Eugeo ended that call I was anxious.
But I didn't expect to see this.
I thought he was getting better, is it my fault? Was I causing him too much worry?
I wish he had told me, I care about him so much.
I rushed over to the frail boy who was lying on the ground, I noticed there was a lot of blood on the floor and on himself. He was also shirtless, but this was not the time to admire his body... wait.
I glanced at his back, which was bruised heavily and small scratches were scattered around them. It didn't look self inflicted, but as I examined more of his body I realised what was wrong.
His arm...
I couldn't believe he had done it again, I could have sworn he was happier... I knew I was.

The shock overwhelmed me, and I stood there in silence my eyes wide. It was only when I saw him close his eyes did I rush forward and fell onto the floor next to him, phone in hand.
"Eugeo! Eugeo stay with me..." I called out, knowing that if I left it any longer it would be too late.
I wrapped an arm around his back, supporting his weight, I could tell he was lighter too, I knew he hadn't been eating right...
I called the emergency services, screaming down the phone for them to hurry up.
Tears fell quickly, and I couldn't bear the thought of Eugeo leaving me.
At that moment I didn't realise the body I was holding started shaking. I heard him whimper and his eyes slowly opened yet again, revealing those sparkling colours I had fallen in love with.
I felt a hand on my cheek, and looked down at Eugeo, his face was so relaxed but in pain. The life almost seemed to leave his eyes, and they stared at me with a dying will.
"Why... You told me you were okay! You promised..." I called out out, my vision blurred with tears. I felt him laugh slightly, his voice weak.
"Kirito... I'm sorry, when I... when I wake up again... I'll try to tell you everything." He whispered, I saw him start to close his eyes once more. When will the damn ambulance get here?!
"No! Eugeo you have to keep your eyes open! Come on, don't leave me like this..." I said, my voice breaking. There was no movement and I heard the sirens blaring in the distance, quickly getting closer.
"It's okay Kirito... you will see me again, I've always... I've always woke up..." Eugeo said, fully drifting into unconsciousness. I grasped him tighter, one hand running through his soft hair. I needed to stay with him, I wanted to stay with him. I heard the paramedics run into the house, since I'd accidentally left the door open, and they ran into the bathroom where me and Eugeo were situated.
I saw him get lifted onto a special bed, and I swiftly followed them out into the ambulance, being careful as to not get in the way.

Please wake up Eugeo...
I need to be with you.

Don't give up.

——