Beautiful Lies Chapter 4

A/N: Sorry It has been it a bit longer between updates than it has usually been. I am getting super busy as the holidays roll around. So don't get too mad at me if I am a lot later on the next post. =) Especially since I had to cut this chapter shorter than I wanted to. Thank you writers block! Ugh! Don't forget to vote if you like it =)

Chapter 4

Life with Aaron was great so far. He had been moved in with me for a total of a week, now. His parents don't mind as he was going to graduate and have to move out soon, anyway. Lets see, its the end of April now, so about a months time. Graduation ceremony is June 6th. The seniors will get out of school May 28th.

I won't lie, I was living in fear. At least when he graduated, I would not have to worry at school. School, that reminds me time to get up and get ready. I had twenty minutes to be out the door. My burns were not noticeable or painful anymore. It had been a week after all. Besides, I didn't have anyone that cares or was close enough to pay attention. Not at school and definitely not at work. Aaron was all that I had.

I got to class just in time. As I already knew would happen, nobody questioned anything. Not even where I had been for a week. The rest of math class was long, uneventful and really just not necessary. As I made my way to my English literature class, I notice a boy walking my direction. He must have been new, as I had not seen him around previously.

"Hey," I greeted casually as the kid walked up. He was 6' 1'' and very thin. His eyes were a lovely hazel color that went perfectly with his olive complexion and light brown hair. Not bad looking if he would have been a bit bigger. I think I weigh more than he does and I am not very big at all. About a buck thirty(130lbs) soaking wet at most. I silently laugh to myself. He might have weighed more but, he looked very slim none the less.

"Hello. My name is Ashur. I just started school here and was wondering If you could help me find my next class." As he spoke you could hear how nervous he was. It practically dripped off his deep baritone voice.

"Nice to meet you Ashur, I'm Raven." He looked at me funny as I said my name, as most people tend to do. "Yeah, it's an odd name." We both laughed as I asked what class he had.

"English Literature with Mrs. Morrow," came his reply.

"I was just headed there myself," I said smiling up at him. He seemed so nice and genuine. I may actually gain a friend. That brings the total up to one.

"Great. Then I won't be taking you out of your way just to help me." He actually sounded sincere.

Just as I walked toward room 141 with Ashur, I saw Aaron looking my way. He didn't look happy. It appeared as if he started heading our direction but Ash and I had escaped from his sight. Ashur, or Ash as he sometimes preferred to be called, and I talked all the way to Mrs. Morrow's class.

English flew by even faster than usual. It helped having Ash there to talk to. We ended up being assigned a speech together. One of those ones where you have to do it with partners and make a presentation to go with. Cause those are always fun...and, I am queen of the world. Right...

My worst fears were confirmed when I saw Aaron standing outside class as the bell rang for lunch. He looked beyond pissed off. Luckily we are at school so maybe he would calm down before he had an "episode." Ashur went ahead to go get lunch and get an early start on finding his next class. I would have shown him but thought it best to talk to Aaron first. He led me over to an empty corner where no one could hear or see us.

"So who were you talking to today?" Surprisingly he didn't sound too upset.

"Well, I talked to my teachers to get my homework for the past week," I say knowing that wasn't what he meant.