𝓉𝓌𝑜

HANNA

"All right, class dismissed." Professor Lewis says after a long hour and fifteen minutes. Thank god. That bald man scares the living shit out of me.

I stand up from my seat and grab the spiral notebook that contains all of my English notes. This is my favorite class, but I hate that we haven't read any actual novels yet. The book worm inside of me is itching to get into the literature portion of this class. 

Once my black bag is placed on my shoulder, I exit the loud classroom. My brown boots hit the ground as I walk down the hallway. The rain is insane today, I feel like it hasn't rained this hard in so long.

My hazel eyes glance down at my outfit, which consists of a white sweater with washed out light denim jeans. My gray raincoat is covering most of it, so I lean down and zip it up.

"Hanna." A deep voice calls out to me.

I turn on the heel of my boots to see Noah Reed approaching. His soft brown hair is damp from the rain as a large smile spreads across his lips. His football jersey is placed on his body.

"Hey, my class got out early." He states as he steps closer to me.

"Lucky you." I grin while staring up at him.

Noah and I have a complicated "relationship." We started out hot and heavy my first semester at this college. He's a year older, so of course I thought I was super cool. Sleeping with the quarterback of the football team? Way to go Hanna.

At least, that's what I thought. I guess I just liked the attention he gave me, even though he was screwing the entire cheerleading team as well. I was stupid to want more from him, to have him crave me the way I used to crave him.

"Are you going to your dorm? I can give you a ride over there." A small smirk sits on his face.

"It's okay, I can walk." I shrug it off.

"It's down pouring." He lets out a laugh. "Come on, it's no big deal."

"Sure." I give in. Honestly, I'm kind of sick of the fling we have going on. He isn't my boyfriend and pretty much told me he doesn't date. I guess all I am is a warm mouth to him.

He happily smiles while taking my small hand into his large one. He pulls me outside where the rain continues to drop onto my body. He opens the passenger side door of his Camaro and allows me to get inside of it. Nerves take over my body as he piles into the driver's seat, immediately starting the engine.

"So, how have you been?" He asks while pulling out of the parking lot.

"Just busy." I shrug, looking out the window. "School has been overwhelming lately."

"Yeah, football is constantly kicking my ass." He nods his head.

"I bet." I hum while keeping my eyes glued to the rain.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened at Michelle's party." He lets out a breath.

I turn back to look at him, surprised he even brought it up. "You mean when you left me mid-hookup to answer Bethany's phone call?" I scoff, thinking about the event that occurred two weeks ago.

"Yeah, that." His voice trails off. "I've been talking to her and-"

"I get it, we're just a fling." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I thought you were okay with that?" Wow, I never realized how dumb this boy is.

"I was, until I realized I had feelings for you." I roll my eyes while slouching in the seat.