𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

HANNA

-friday afternoon-

"Just be prepared for an exam sometime next week." Professor Lewis finally concludes the lesson. I thought he was never going to end class. I rise to my feet and grip onto my notebook.

I'm meeting Ethan at the pizzeria around five, and I don't know what I should wear. I want to keep it casual, but a part of me knows that probably won't happen. We have been texting for about a week yet a part of me is nervous to meet him. Being face to face with somebody you already have a lot in common with makes my skin heat up.

I quickly swing my bag over my shoulder and exit the large classroom. My feet come to a halt when I see Noah standing in front of the door. A low sigh escapes my lips as I stare at him.

"Hanna, hey." He lightly smiles at me.

"Stalking my English class?" I clear my throat.

"I just wanted to talk to you." He wraps his hand around my wrist and takes a step to the side.

"About what?" I nervously gulp.

"My party tonight." A smirk appears on his smug face.

"I already told you I'm-"

"Going on a date with Ethan?" He says in the form of a question.

"Yeah, you already knew that." I scoff.

"Ethan who?"

"Excuse me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's his last name?" He repeats.

"Again, why do you care?" I continue to stare up at him.

"I asked a few guys on the team, and nobody has ever heard of an Ethan." He casually shrugs.

My eyes widen as I continue to stare up at his smirking face. "Why are you asking around about him?"

"Look, if you don't want to come to the party just be honest. You don't need to make up some lie that Ethan is a new boy you're screwing around with."

"Are you serious right now?" I begin to mock him with a laugh. "Why would I make up a lie about him?"

"Because you're pissed at me about what happened." He lowly mutters while stepping closer to me.

"You're jealous." I speak up. "You're jealous that I'm not hanging all over you like I did last year."

"I guess I just miss you." He whispers while looking into my eyes.

"You only miss me because you can't have me anymore." I gulp while looking down at the ground.

"That's not-"

My phone loudly dings with a new message from the dating app. I back away from Noah and pull my phone out of my pocket.

ethan:
are we still on for tonight? just making sure.

"Oh look, Ethan just messaged me. He wanted to make sure we're still on for tonight." I smirk while looking back at Noah. My fingers are already typing the reply.

hanna:
yes! see you at 5

"Whatever, Han." Noah rolls his eyes. "Don't act like you're truly into this guy. You know damn well you're just trying to fuck him, just like everyone else."

My face falls as Noah backs away from me. He grips onto the strap of his backpack and walks down the hallway. My chest feels heavy as I stand here, frozen by his words.