𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

GRAYSON

I awkwardly shift from foot to foot as I stand in my father's classroom. I never come in this building since accounting is a course I don't need to take. He left his graded tests back at home, so I'm simply the delivery boy.

Of course, he's in a meeting at the moment. He said to wait for him so that's exactly what I'm doing. I can feel my heart racing by the second at the thought of his class piling in. It's going to be filled with unfamiliar faces that I haven't seen before, which makes me nervous.

I let out a deep breath as my eyes move up to the clock, seeing it's almost two. I would normally be home by now, but this is a little minor setback of the day.

The door suddenly swings open and a few girls walk in, laughing amongst each other. They stop in their tracks once they see me.

"Who are you?" One of the girls question. She has bright red hair, which I find off putting.

"Yeah, where's Mr. Dolan?"  Her friend raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, he's coming." I stutter, feeling extremely awkward.

"Whatever." The red haired girl says while turning back to her friend. "Anyway, can you believe the school would make something like that?"

"I think it's genius, a dating app just for UChicago students? Sign me the fuck up." Her friend laughs.

My head shoots back up to their direction, suddenly interested in what they're talking about.

"I already matched with Devin McKeen." The red head smirks.

"What?! Cora, why didn't you tell me?"

I look down at the stack of graded papers in my hand, letting my nosy side get the best of me. More students enter the class as I flip through the tests, landing on Cora Lahey. A big red F is placed at the top, which amuses the shit out of me.

"What are you guys talking about?" A boy with black hair approaches them.

"UChicago Match, the new dating app for the school." Cora explains.

"Oh yeah, I heard about that." The boy nods his head. "I'm thinking of making a profile. I need a hot cheerleader to screw."

I roll my eyes at his reply. Of course, every boy at this university can't keep their dicks in their pants.

"It's so cool, you can connect with people on campus." The other girl speaks up.

A dating app? Why does that interest me? I guess a part of me wants to meet new people, even if it's just friends. I would never actually make a profile, if they saw Grayson Dolan pop up they would automatically delete the app.

"Sorry I'm late." My father's voice interrupts me from my thoughts.

I turn to look at him with a small smile on my face. "Here you go, one stack of graded tests." I say while handing the heavy papers to him.

"You're a lifesaver, Gray." My father smiles while looking down at them.

"Mr. Dolan are we getting our tests back?" Cora speaks up.

"Yes, I'll pass them out at the end of class."

I can't help but mentally laugh to myself as I turn back to my father. "See you at home." I lowly say while walking toward the door.

"Thanks again." He calls out.

I grip onto the straps of my backpack as I make my way outside. It isn't raining today, which is good. My sneakers guide me over to my car as I slide into the driver's seat.