𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍

GRAYSON

I'm nervous. Fuck, I'm so nervous. Getting off my medication has made me feel like a new man. Not once have I felt anxious, or antsy. My mind has been clear and I've been totally focused on school, working out, and writing. But this? This is a whole different level of anxious nerves.

Meeting Hanna's parents is something I've been working up since she mentioned it to me. Her father wants to discuss our upcoming internship, which we are still talking over. My parents were absolutely thrilled when I came home with the paperwork. Professor Slenderman already informed them, but that didn't make them any less excited. My mother thinks it's an amazing opportunity and I agree.

However, Hanna doesn't talk to her parents much. Since her father is super strict, he only cares about her academic career. She mentioned that her mother is sweet, so I guess I'll take her word for it. Her relationship with them doesn't concern me, it's the fact that her parents have no idea I'm her boyfriend.

"Gray." She snaps me out of my deep thoughts.

I turn away from the window to look at her. She has her left hand on the steering wheel, while her right hand lands on top of mine. "What?"

"You totally spaced out." She lets out a tiny chuckle. "You okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I gulp.

"No, you aren't. Your leg keeps bouncing up and down and it hasn't done that in awhile." Fuck, she knows me too well.

"Fine, I'm a little nervous." I admit while inhaling a breath, allowing the air to fill my lungs.

"Don't be, it'll be fine." She assures me.

"Your father already scares me." I can't help but blurt out. We finally enter the small town of Greenport, which makes my stomach turn.

She stays silent for a moment, almost like she's just as scared. "Don't worry." She mumbles under her breath.

"Didn't you say he grew up in a military family?" I refresh my memory.

"Yes, his whole family was in the army, including him. That's why everything is about hard work and discipline." She lets out a sigh while rubbing her thumb across the top of my hand.

"Good to know." I nervously gulp at how scary he sounds.

"They're going to love you, trust me. My mother is going to gush over how good looking you are and my father will appreciate your manners. You're a good guy, Gray. They have no reason to dislike you."

Her words go over my head the second she turns down a block. Her car stops in front of black metal gates. Large pillars are taking up each side. My eyes widen once the gates open, and Hanna rolls her window down.

She pulls up next to an older man sitting in a booth. A large smile appears over his face as he greets her. "Hanna, wow. Long time no see."

"Hi Michael." She waves her hand in such an adorable fashion. God, I'm whipped for this girl.

"Your mother mentioned your arrival, she's thrilled that you're home." He says with a happy nod.

"It's just for dinner." Hanna quickly explains.

"Well, I'll let you go. I definitely don't want to keep your father waiting." His smile starts to fade as he looks away.

"See you later." Hanna mutters while driving forward.

"You live in a gated community?" I look around at all of the large houses around me.

"Yup." She casually states.