𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

HANNA

"Did somebody force you to do it? Was it Noah, Cassidy?"

"It was her father."

"What?"

"Her father forced me to break up with her. He threatened me, Ethan."

"What did he say?"

"He wanted me to stop distracting Hanna from her future, that's why I'm not taking the internship."

"Woah, slow down. Tell me everything."

My entire body is boiling with anger. Every part of me is shaking uncontrollably. My vision is fuzzy as I stare down at my phone screen. Ethan sent me an audio recording of his conversation with Grayson, and this is not how I was expecting it to go.

Although I'm not surprised, I'm so fucking hurt. I listen carefully as Grayson begins to spill his guts. He talks about my father's threats to cut me off. He explains why he went along with his hurtful words. He depressingly mentions a seventy thousand dollar bribe, and how my disgusting sperm donor tried to get Grayson to go to New York instead of LA.

He finishes his rant off by saying he did it because he loves me so much and wants me to be successful. I shut the audio recording off and stand frozen in the middle of my bedroom.

I can't even speak. My eyes tightly shut as I try to control the anger I'm feeling. Not only anger, but also betrayal. How could he do this to me? His own flesh and blood? He brought me into this world only for him to ruin every aspect of it.

Before I bulldoze downstairs, I need to prepare myself. Fighting against my hot-headed father is always a losing battle, but not today. I refuse to let him get away with destroying an innocent boy's future.

My feet push over toward the door, and suddenly I'm rushing downstairs. The entire house falls silent as I make my way over to my father's study. The newspaper is still in his hand, he hasn't moved all night.

I angrily clear my throat as I walk in. He shoots his head up to look at me.

"Hanna." He says.

"How could you?" My voice is trembling.

"Excuse me?" His hazel eyes darken.

"Do you really hate me that much? All my life I have lived by your rules, I've let you control everything about me. What did I ever do for you to be so heartless?" I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" His voice is stern.

"I know that you threatened Grayson to break up with me."

His jaw clenches as he slowly takes the glasses off of his face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do. Stop lying." I inhale a deep breath.

"I'm sorry you don't want to accept the fact that he dumped you-"

"He dumped me because you made him!" I shout, causing my voice to raise.