𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒

HANNA

I burst into my dorm room like a fucking tornado. My breathing is heavier than it was earlier, if that's even possible. I can't see a single thing. My eyes are covered with tears that are pouring down my cheeks. Cassidy isn't in the room, so I throw myself down on my bed. My face smashes into the pillow as I continue to cry. I thought Noah using me was bad, this is one hundred times worse.

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm so fucking confused and embarrassed. Everything I felt for the past few weeks was one big lie. Actually, it was two big lies. One from each twin.

Loud sobs escape my lips as I clench my eyes shut. My mind keeps flashing back to three things: the bookshelf, the look on Grayson's face when I found out, and the way Ethan just stared down at me. I thought I found a guy who was different. A guy who doesn't lie or use girls to play around with their emotions.

My heart is broken, but that just scares me even more. In order to have a broken heart you need to have feelings, and I do have feelings for Ethan. Well, I did. It wasn't even Ethan, though. It was Grayson. So, I have feelings for Grayson? I'm so fucking confused.

My phone loudly rings inside of my bag. I sit up as hot tears stream down my red and flustered cheeks. Let's see which twin is trying to apologize.

When I pull the device out of my bag, my stomach drops to my feet. It isn't Ethan or Grayson, it's actually way worse. It's my father.

"Shit." I mumble while wiping away my tears. If he hears me crying, I'm fucked. I quickly press the accept button and place the phone to my ear. "Hi dad."

"Hanna, did I interrupt your studying?" The serious man asks with no specific tone of voice.

"No, not at all." I quickly shake my head.

For as long as I can remember, I never got along with my father. He's the type of man you don't want to mess with, and I sincerely mean that. He is the most serious person on the planet, with one stone cold expression to his face. He grew up in a military family, so everything was about hard work and discipline. He pushed my boundaries a lot growing up.

Being extremely strict, I was always forced to stay home and study while my friends went out on dates or to the movies. He puts a lot of pressure on me, which I fucking hate. I felt like I was suffocating living under his roof. That's why I wanted to go to school four hours away from home. It isn't far enough, but it's the perfect escape from my overbearing father.

He's the CEO of a bank, so he's extremely wealthy. He offered to pay for my tuition for UChicago, as long as I keep up a 4.0 GPA.

What he doesn't know is that the second I stepped foot onto campus, I went fucking wild. I partied and hooked up with Noah every fucking night to simply feel free. I kept up my grades because if I didn't, he would cut me off for good. We aren't close at all, he's more like a money machine to me.

I have a completely different relationship with my mother. She's loving, kind, and the sweetest woman you will ever meet. She doesn't force me to be perfect all the time like my father does. I don't know how they're still married.

"Well, I'm just checking in." His strong tone of voice makes me flinch from here. "Any papers due? Tests coming up?"

He calls me every three weeks to "check up on me." What a dick, honestly. I never talk about my father because I sometimes forget he exists.

"I have a test in my philosophy class, but it's not until next week." I slow down my breathing.

"Start looking it over now." He instructs.