𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

GRAYSON

I slowly begin to open my eyes, my vision is still blurry from being unconscious. The entire left side of my face feels like it got beat in with a baseball bat. My jaw is throbbing and my forehead is stinging. A heavy breath leaves my lips as I blink a few more times.

"Grayson?" A soft voice calls out.

Suddenly, Hanna's beautiful face is in front of me. Her hand gently presses to my cheek, which causes me to wince in pain.

"Hanna?" My groggily voice speaks.

"You're awake." She lets out a relieved breath.

"Where am I?" I can feel a soft mattress under my back.

"I brought you to my dorm, you passed out." She sighs while holding up a damp washcloth. "I've been cleaning up the bruises on your face."

My hand reaches up to touch my jaw, which automatically hurts. "Noah."

"Yeah, he hit you extremely hard. You're so lucky he didn't break your nose."

I nervously gulp while staring at her. "What happened after?"

"I rushed to your side and he walked out of the building. I brought you here so you would be safe." She looks down at her hands with a shameful sigh. "This is all my fault."

"No, it isn't." I shake my head.

"I feel so guilty." She admits with a trembling voice.

I go to sit up but a dizzy sensation pounds into my skull. I let out a breath and lay back down. "If anything, it's my fault."

"Come on, Grayson. Don't say-"

"You should have never forgiven me. I hurt you so badly." Sweat starts to appear on my forehead as my heart begins to beat faster.

"I understand everything now." She tries to justify my shitty actions.

"You left my house hysterically crying all because of me. I lied to you and it still eats me alive." I start to have shortness of breath, knowing damn well the anxiety is getting the best of me.

"Hey, it's okay." She steps closer to me. "I'm not mad or upset about it anymore."

"God, what is wrong with me?" I quickly rise to my feet out of impulse. I start pacing around the room while tugging on my hair. "I'm so pathetic. I've heard it my whole life, but it's true."

"Stop saying that." Hanna crosses her arms over her chest. "You're not pathetic at all. You're letting Noah's inaccurate words get in your head."

"Oh my god, Noah." It all hits me. Everything Noah said was right, expect the part where he called Hanna a slut. "I'll never be good enough for you."

"Please don't say that, you are." She takes a step toward me, uncrossing her arms.

"I'm a nerd and a loser." I grow fearful as I continue to pace around the room. "I barely know how to talk to a girl."

"That's the insecurities taking over you. The way you were texting me made my heart flutter with happiness. You are such a gentlemen, don't sell yourself short."

My body is trembling as I shift my eyes down. I can feel my throat closing up as I gasp for air, trying to open up my lungs. The pain in my chest is starting to become unbearable.

"Grayson?" Hanna's eyes widen in fear as she stares at me.

"I'm-I think-" I heavily breathe while placing my hand over my chest. "I'm having an anxiety attack." I say in between gasps.