𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

GRAYSON

Of course it was too good to be true. What did I think, after one date Hanna was going to forget about "Ethan" and never want to see him again? I let out a deep sigh as I stare down at her newest message, asking to come to some frat party. I was unaware that she took a picture of Ethan and sent it to her friends, I don't even think my brother knew.

Now, everyone on this campus is talking about the famous Ethan Dolan. It won't be long until somebody realizes that he isn't a student at this school. All of the cheerleaders are wondering why they don't have classes with him, little do they know that they actually do. It's just me.

My eyes stay glued to my phone as I walk across campus. I have a gap in between my classes, so I usually read at the library. Her words swirl around my brain as I try to come up with an answer.

If I say no, everyone will be even more suspicious. I don't want her to get shit on my behalf. Ethan has always wanted to go to frat parties, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Expect this is different. He can't look at sorority girls dancing naked on the tables. He needs to be by Hanna's side and show an interest in her.

When I enter the library, I stop my feet from walking any further. My thumbs type away on the dating app, knowing I'm digging myself way too deep.

ethan:
yeah, sounds like a good time.

God, what is wrong with me? I have never lied, ever. My entire nineteen years of life have been truthful. Now, it's all I seem to be doing. I don't mean to be malicious and I sure as hell am not doing it on purpose. It's all because of my fucked up mind.

I wish I could gain some confidence in myself. I mean, when I talk to Hanna, I feel confident. It's the face to face contact that scares me.

I try to shake off my thoughts by sitting down at a square wooden table. The library is pretty empty today. I pull out the novel Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. I haven't read this one in awhile, and it's a classic. I figured I would give Holden a break. I wonder if Hanna has ever read this. Trying to calm my nerves, I send her another message.

ethan:
ever read great expectations by charles dickens?

I go to the first chapter and begin reading it. I swear, reading fiction can turn my brain into a whole different universe. It doesn't take long for my phone to buzz with another message. I practically lunge at the device to see her response.

hanna:
yes of course, another classic.
i'm currently re-reading wuthering heights which is my second favorite.

Another good choice. I can't believe this girl is real, and actually talking to me about classic literature.

ethan:
haven't read that in so long, but it's a masterpiece.

hanna:
I could talk to you about literature all day.

And just like that, I'm smiling like an idiot. It's what this girl does to me. She makes me happy to even be on this planet.

As I go to type a response, a loud noise startles me. My eyes shoot up, seeing Noah Reed and three of his friends sitting two tables away from me. I quickly put my hood up and keep my head down, hoping they don't see me. Not that they would, they never do.

"I forgot this campus had a library." I hear one of his friends say. God, how are they popular? Oh right, they're jocks.

"I seriously don't want to do this research paper." Another voice speaks up.