𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒

HANNA

Grayson has been avoiding me for days. I don't know why, but I know that he is. He's playing it off like he's busy, and yeah, he has papers to work on and tests to study for, but he's been juggling school work since the moment we started dating.

It never stopped him from coming by my dorm, or going out for a quick dinner. We haven't even been talking on the phone before bed. Therefore, he's ignoring me.

The last time we had a full conversation was Monday morning. It is now Thursday afternoon. This relationship is the most important thing to me. Communication is key, and that's how I plan on fixing this issue.

If I call Grayson, he probably won't answer. Every time I dial his number he never picks up. That leaves plan B. He usually goes to the library around this time, and that's exactly where my feet and leading me to.

I'm tired of feeling confused and being ignored. I want to make sure he's okay. He knows he can always come talk to me about anything, which is why I'm so shocked by his sudden distance.

When I enter the library, my skin is heating up with nerves. I miss my boyfriend so much, I just want to clear the air on this random weirdness. Everything was perfect, until this week started.

I quickly rush up the steps while my stomach turns. When I reach the top, my breathing hitches. He's sitting at a wooden table with a notebook in front of him. A small smile automatically appears over my face. The sight of him alone makes me so happy.

Without hesitating, I walk over to the table and sit down. Unfortunately, Grayson doesn't look happy to see me take a seat across from him. He doesn't look pissed off either, which makes me uneasy. I notice a glimmer of sadness in his eyes.

"Hi." I say softly.

"Hi." His adam's apple bobs up and down as he swallows. "Uh, what are you doing here?"

I could always pretend that everything is fine, that I just stopped by to see my favorite boy, but that's not who Grayson and I are. I've always been honest and raw with him.

"I wanted to find out why my boyfriend has been avoiding me. Is everything okay?"

He lets out a deep sigh at my words. That's it? A sigh? Three days of zero physical contact and minimal text messages and all I get from him is a sigh?

"What the hell is going on?" I say with frustration.

"I'm sorry I've been acting so weird. I've just been doing some thinking..." His voice trails off.

My stomach continues to turn as I lean in closer to him. Those words are never good. I need to know what the hell is happening.

Grayson lets out a breath. "I don't think we should see each other anymore."

His quiet words stab me in the heart and send a tornado of pain spiraling through me. What the fuck? Out of all the things he could have said, I never expected this.

He continues on when he notices my hurt expression. "Things are moving too fast, Han. It's barely been two months and we're already at the I love you stage. It's so serious all of a sudden." He looks dazed and sounds upset.