𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓋𝑒

HANNA

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄

"Do you have everything you need?" Grayson's sweet voice asks me for the millionth time today.

My eyes glance down to the three suitcases and two duffle bags in front of me. I might have packed a little too much, but I don't care. I would rather have more than less.

"Yes, I double checked all of my stuff. Everything I need for two months is all packed." I reassure him with a bright smile.

"I can't believe you're bringing five bags filled with clothes and makeup." He shakes his head while stepping closer to me.

"We're staying for the whole summer, I need to have all of my essentials." I giggle while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"My bags are just filled with clothes, socks, shoes-"

"See? The essentials." I playfully roll my eyes.

"And the most important essential of all." He walks over to his desk and picks up the large stack of papers that are clipped together. "My manuscript."

"Ah, yes. You can't forget that." I brightly smile as I watch him put it in his suitcase.

Grayson finished his novel two months ago. I decided to be his own personal editor and read through it to make whatever corrections he needed. It's extremely well written and you can tell how much thought and time went into it.

When I read it for the first time, I cried. His powerful words really hit my heart. He wrote all of these pages, these chapters, these characters for me. It's not just any love story - it's our love story. From start to finish, Grayson captured every detail and expressed his emotions through writing.

"Did you call your mom to tell her we're leaving now?" He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"I texted her." I simply shrug my shoulders.

These past six months have been very hectic. Grayson and I started and completed the spring semester of our sophomore year. It was challenging, but we got through all of the tests, the homework, and the stress of dealing with professors.

Since school is over now, I've been staying with Grayson and his family. I haven't seen or talked to my father since I found out what he did. He's disgusting and I never want to be near him again.

My mother and I still talk every day, and she's in the process of divorcing him. I'm glad she's finally getting away from his controlling behavior.

Using the money my grandparents left me, I found the perfect off-campus house for Grayson and I to live in for our junior and senior year. I'm really excited to no longer be dorming at UChicago. We move in a few days after we come back from California.

"Gray! Han! It's time to go." Ethan yells while rushing into the room.

"I'm so excited." I squeal while grabbing my duffle bags. Ethan helps me carry the rest of my suitcases down to the car. Sean and Lisa are packing everything in.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Lisa asks me with a wide smile.

"Yes, I'm all set." I say with excitement.

"All right, let's get this show on the road." Sean states while getting into the driver's seat.

Grayson and I look at each other with pure joy plastered on our faces. We get into the back of the car, along with Ethan. When we pull out of the driveway, it all starts to hit me. I'm actually going to be interning for the most popular publishing companies in the country.