𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝒾𝓍

GRAYSON

"Come on man, one more." Ethan's voice rings through me as my hands start to shake. My arms feel like jello at this point, but it's exhilarating. I lift the heavy weight off my chest and let out a breath.

Ethan takes it and places it back on the bar. "Damn, that was ten extra than yesterday."

"Everyday I want to do more." I say while sitting up on the the bench.

It's been two weeks since my last anxiety attack, which is when Hanna kissed me. Ever since we went to the café, I vowed that I wanted to better myself.

I explained everything to Ethan and practically begged him to go to the gym with me. After his infamous I told you so speech, he happily agreed.

"Punching bag next, no slacking off." He says once I wobble to my feet.

"Of course." I nod while walking over to the large black bag hanging from the wall. I pick up the boxing gloves and strap them onto my hands.

"I still can't believe this." Ethan places both of his hands on his hips as he stares at me.

"What?" I glance at him.

"You're a totally different person." He blinks a few times as I lightly hit the bag, working up my cardio.

"I told you, I'm changing my life around." I say in between breaths.

"I need to personally call Hanna up and thank her."

"She means a lot to me." I say while harshly jabbing the bag.

"I'm glad she forgave you, well, us." He awkwardly clears his throat.

"Me too. If she didn't, I would really be at rock bottom."

"I can't believe you're dating the hottest girl I have ever seen." A low laugh escapes his lips. "Who would have thought."

"We aren't dating yet." I gulp while turning my head to look at him.

"Bullshit. You guys have been on more dates than I can count." He smirks.

"That's because we like each other, a lot. She wanted to take things slow and I agreed."

He continues to stare at me, a wide smile taking up his entire face. "I'm really proud of you."

"That's all I'm hearing lately." I nod while hitting the bag with more force.

"That's because you did a complete three-sixty." Ethan picks up his water bottle and takes a swig from it. "Dude, you never left the house unless it was for school."

"I physically felt like I couldn't." I gulp, hating the reminder of the past few years.

"Mom and dad are thrilled."

"I know." I mutter while moving around, working my legs as well. "Mom practically cried happy tears when I told her about coming to the gym."

"Who knew it would take lying on a dating app to get you to open up." He laughs again, trying to make light of the situation.

"You know how she makes me feel." I remind him.

"And she feels the same way." He points out.

"I still can't believe that."

"She likes you, Grayson. You used to cry and complain that no girl will ever like you-"

"I didn't cry." I cut him off with a sigh.

"You used to be a little bitch about it." Ethan rolls his eyes while stepping closer to the punching bag.

"Because no girls looked at me." I roll my eyes.