𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

GRAYSON

God, I hate Mondays. It's the worst day of the week simply because all the fun is over and you're met with another boring day of classes. Luckily, the fall semester is coming to an end. The sooner my sophomore year flies by, the better. I just want it to be summer so I can spend everyday with Hanna in California.

My parents are looking over the paperwork tonight and are sending over the check sometime next week. Things are falling into place, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Campus isn't too crowded today, making my walk to the library quick and easy. I just want this day to be over so I can head to Hanna's dorm.

As I'm approaching the old building, I'm startled to find a man standing on the steps that lead to the entrance. I would recognize that stone facial expression anywhere. It's Hanna's father.

"Mr. Thompson," I say in complete shock. "Uh, hi."

Why is he here? On campus? Did he drive four hours to see Hanna?

"Hello, Grayson." His voice is as cold as the November air around us. "We need to talk."

We do? Shit. I was unaware he wanted to sit down and have a chat with me, especially on campus. How did he even know where I was?

"I have a paper to work on." I answer in a rushed tone.

"It won't take long. I only need a few minutes of your time."

Gulping, I nod my head and wait for him to start talking about whatever his serious voice is dying to get out.

"I bet you're quite pleased with yourself." He calmly says

I furrow my eyebrows, already confused. "What are you talking about?"

He shoves both of his hands into the pockets of his long black coat and begins to shake his head. "Interfering with my daughter's future."

I don't like the way he's looking at me with such blatant hatred. Meeting his dark eyes, I let out a low breath. "I'm not-"

"Sure you are. You got chosen for the same internship that she did in Los Angeles. That means you'll be spending a lot more time with her, time that I won't allow."

My eyes slightly widen as I take in his words. "What are you implying?"

"I'm not implying anything, I'm being straightforward. I want you to stop distracting my daughter." He clenches his jaw tightly, which makes my stomach uneasy.

"Sir, I'm not-"

"Ever since she met you, she's been late to her classes. She missed a few assignments, and her professor's have been emailing me."

My eyes widen even more. I didn't think he knew about all of that. He seems to read my mind, because he starts to laugh.

"Didn't think I would find out? I have connections to Hanna's grades. I find out everything. Education is what I strive for, especially from my daughter. This internship won't go smoothly if you're there to pull her away from her dreams." He straightens his posture.

"I would never distract her. Hanna and I are a team, we boost each other up. She knows where her head's at, and me taking an internship with her won't affect her work." I try to calm my already growing nerves. This man is scary as hell.

"You see, son, that's where you're wrong." He takes an intimidating step closer to me, causing my breathing to hitch. "I see the way she looks at you, and I don't like it. And I really don't like that you've divided her attention. Which is why I've decided you're no longer going to be seeing her."