𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

GRAYSON

"Is she on her way?" My mother's voice speaks the minute I enter the kitchen. The only thing she mentioned this entire week was Hanna coming over for dinner. She hasn't been this excited in months.

"Yeah, she just left campus now." I nod while looking at the counter. "Need help with anything?"

"Nope, everything is just about done." She says with a bright smile. "I'm very excited."

"Trust me, we all know." My father is laughing as he sets the table.

"She's such a sweet girl and I feel terrible about what happened the last time she was here. I don't want her to think-"

"Mom, calm down." I say while placing my hand on her shoulder. Oh, how the tables have turned. Now I'm the one calming others down in the midst of anxiety. "Hanna is thrilled you invited her to come over for dinner. Trust me, what happened last time is all in the past."

She lets out a sigh while eyeing me up and down. "Wow, look at you." A smile grows on her face as she examines my body and then my face. "You're working out, even got a haircut. You have that glow."

"What glow?" I roll my eyes while taking a step away from her.

"The glow of being in love." She happily boasts.

"Lisa, they haven't been dating long. Let's not take things too far." My father goes back at her.

I stay quiet while my parents playfully bicker back and forth about my relationship status. The word love is something I never associated myself with. Sure, I'm a hopeless romantic, but I never thought it would happen to me. Hanna definitely makes me question a lot of stuff. With love being thrown into the mix, it makes me wonder-

"Grayson!" My mother snaps her fingers in front of my face, interrupting my deep thoughts.

"Huh?" I blink a few times to come back to reality.

"You zoned out." She shakes her head with a chuckle. "I asked if Hanna likes chicken."

"Yes, that girl will eat anything." I inform her while walking over to the table.

My father laughs and looks back at me. "You finally have a girlfriend. Pretty wild, huh?"

"Yeah, it still doesn't feel real." I grin just thinking of the word girlfriend.

"I know you're tired of hearing this, but I really am proud of you." He nods his head in approval.

The thought of asking them to allow me to stop taking my medication dawns on me. Maybe if Hanna is with me, they will consider it.

"I'm really happy. Hanna is the most amazing and beautiful girl. I got really lucky." God, I could talk about her all damn day.

"So, you see this becoming serious?" My father questions again.

"Really serious, yeah." I immediately answer. I never want to think about my life without her in it. The thought of one day not seeing her gorgeous smile or hearing her contagious laugh scares me.

"Well, if you see it becoming serious, then maybe we should have.. you know.. the talk." He awkwardly clears his throat.

My entire body cringes as I cover my ears with my hands. "I am not having the sex talk with you, I'm nineteen years old."

"We gave Ethan one." My mother says from the counter.

"Ethan started having sex when he was sixteen." I remind them.