𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

GRAYSON

I shift on my bed, trying to get comfortable. My eyes stay focused on the random action movie Ethan forced me to watch. I just wanted to write the next few chapters of my growing novel, but he insisted we watch a movie.

Since it's still our birthday, I decided to suck it up and spend some time with him. Even though he always picks the worst movies to watch, it's nice to just relax and hang out with my twin.

His hand picks up more popcorn that is placed in the bowl on his lap. He tosses a buttery piece into his mouth.

"I can't believe we're twenty now." He states while chewing.

"It's pretty crazy." It's true. No more teenage years. It's time to start figuring my life out.

"I think this was a good birthday, what did you think?" He looks back at me.

"Yeah, it was fine." I shrug my shoulders.

"Now you can stop moping around."

"Just because I told you the truth doesn't mean anything changed." I mumble under my breath.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." Ethan glances down to this phone.

"What do you mean? I still can't be with Hanna because of her father." I shake my head in defeat.
Ethan stays quiet, still typing away on his phone.

Moments later, he takes the remote and pauses the movie. I furrow my eyebrows and turn my head to look at him.

"You good?" I can't help but laugh.

"I'm the best brother ever." He says with a wide smile.

"Why?"

"I have one more birthday surprise for you."

"What is it?" I skeptically ask.

Before he can answer, the doorbell rings. My heart stops beating the minute the sound fills the quiet house.

"Go downstairs." He says with a smirk.

"Ethan, I swear to-"

"Just go." He groans while gesturing toward the door. "Hurry before mom or dad wake up."

I quickly get up and rush out of my room. My feet hurry down the steps until I reach the bottom. Facing the front door, I can see a figure standing behind it. Nervously gulping, I slowly unlock it before turning the knob.

My eyes widen once I'm met with the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Hanna Thompson is right here, right in front of me. After not seeing her for a month, it almost feels like a dream.

"Hanna?" I whisper while eyeing her up and down, making sure she's real.

"Happy birthday, Gray." She steps closer to me.

"What are you-"

She cuts me off by leaning up and crashing her mouth onto mine. She kisses me passionately, and suddenly my world is complete.