𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒

HANNA

I pick up my English notebook off of my desk and place it into my bag. I have class in twenty minutes and I'm really excited to see Grayson.

It's been a few days since the lovely dinner with his family. He stopped taking his medication, and things have been going really well. He's still feeling as upbeat as ever and no anxiety attacks have occurred. He also swears it cleared up some of his acne, which makes him happy.

I run my fingers through the ends of my blonde hair, smoothing it out. After applying some lipstick, I feel ready to start my day. I'm very excited to see the cheerful look on my man's face.

Just as I'm about to grab my phone off the charger, my door swings open. I turn my head and see Cassidy strolling toward her bed.

"Han!" She says with excitement once she sees me in the room. It's still awkward considering I didn't specifically forgive her.

"Hey." I reply with a forced grin. She's occasionally been in the dorm, but I'm usually out with Grayson when she is.

"How have you been?" She plops down on her bed before crossing her feet together.

"I've been great." I smile at the simple thought of my boyfriend. Thank god for him, seriously.

"Well, that's good to hear. I actually wanted to ask you something." She clears her throat.

"I have to get to class." I practically toss my phone in my bag and hurry to get my coat on.

God, Han, could you be any more obvious?

"It won't take long. I just wanted to invite you and Grayson to a Halloween party this weekend."

Crap, I almost forgot about the upcoming holiday. I have been so busy with school, reading, and spending hours a day with Grayson that I completely forgot this month is coming to an end.

"A Halloween party?" I raise an eyebrow up.

"Yeah, at the frat house." She rises to her feet before I can protest. "I really want you to come."

"Thanks, but no thanks. You know how I feel about those parties."

"This one is different, it's Halloween. Last time I checked that was your favorite holiday." She crosses her arms over her chest, stating a point.

I remember the Halloween party at the frat house last year. I dressed up as a slutty cowgirl, how classy. All I was wearing was my bra and underwear paired with boots, a flannel, and a cowgirl hat. I got so drunk that night and had sex with Noah in the bathroom, with an audience outside the door. At the time I didn't care, now I find it mortifying.

"Sorry Cass, but I don't feel comfortable going." I admit to her.

"Bring Grayson, and Ethan." She continues to beg.

"Why? So everyone can make fun of them?" I can't help but harshly reply.

"No, so I can finally hang out with my best friend again." She lets out a sigh while shaking her head back and forth. "I know things have been different since this semester started, but I want us to hang out again. I even want to meet Grayson."

"What about Noah?" I roll my eyes at the mere thought of him.

"He's probably going to be too drunk to notice." She casually shrugs.

It's still going to be at his house, with all of his frat brothers and asshole friends. That's dangerous territory to be around. "I don't know-"

"It's a costume party, just like last year. It'll be so much fun." She keeps shoving the topic down my throat.