𝑒𝓅𝒾𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

GRAYSON

-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫-

"I'm nervous." I admit while pacing around the conference room, lightly tugging on my hair.

"Don't be nervous, you got this." Ethan calmly steps closer to me, gripping my shoulders so I stop walking around aimlessly. "You just got your hair done, stop fucking it up."

"Did you see how many people were out there?" I can't help but ask as he tries to push my hair back in place.

"I don't want to make you more nervous, but there's a lot of people waiting for you." Chelsie, Ethan's girlfriend, says with a wide smile.

"Shit, really?" I curse under my breath.

"Why does that surprise you? You're a New York Times best selling author. You're famous, Gray." My twin pats down the sides of my gray suit, getting rid of the wrinkles I caused it to have.

"It's still surreal to me. I can't believe people are waiting for me to sign their book."

"And do a Q&A with the interviewer." Ethan reminds me.

"Where's Hanna?" I frantically ask, needing to see her beautiful face.

"I'm right here." The door creaks open, and I immediately turn around.

My breath is instantly taken away at the mere sight of her. Her long, blonde hair is down and straightened. She's wearing a gorgeous white dress that hugs her body perfectly. The light makeup covering her face really shows off her natural beauty.

Those intense hazel eyes, plump lips. My eyes scan her appearance up and down, landing on the large engagement ring on her finger.

Next year, Hanna Thompson is going to become Hanna Dolan. When my novel was first published four months ago, I used the money to buy the perfect engagement ring for my gorgeous girl.

The best day of my life was when I got down on one knee and asked her to be my wife. We've been together for five years and she really is my rock.

"I brought you some water." She walks over to me, holding out the cup in her hand.

"Thank you, babe." I quickly take the beverage and start to gulp it down. I already feel better now that she's in the room with me.

"I know this is your first big appearance, but don't be nervous. Everyone is so excited for you to come out." She places her hand on my cheek while staring into my eyes. The happy smile on her face is exactly what I needed to see.

"Should we go out there?" Chelsie points toward the door. Her light brown hair is tied up into a ponytail and she's wearing a purple jumpsuit.

Ethan met her two years ago at a bar. They hit it off great and have been together ever since. He's really happy, so that makes me happy.

"Yeah, I think my parents are in the audience." Ethan wraps his arm around her.

"They are. I just saw them." Hanna turns to face them with a gracious smile.