𝓉𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑒

HANNA

My eyes look down to the novel in my hand, scanning through the page at a quick pace. I'm reading a new adult romance story and am too eager for the main characters to finally kiss. I know it's coming, the sexual tension between them is undeniable.

I sit up in my bed and flip to the next page, reading that their faces are only inches apart. Just as their lips are about to lock, I'm interrupted by the sound of my door opening.

My head shoots up to see Cassidy walking into the room. I gulp at the sight of her. We haven't spoken in awhile, and I haven't seen her either.

"Uh, hi." She awkwardly states while placing her bag on her bed.

"Hi." I quietly speak, already feeling uncomfortable.

"You okay?" She raises an eyebrow up.

"I'm just surprised to see you." I shrug my shoulders.

"Why? It's my room, too." She says with a blunt tone.

"But you haven't been here." I point out after clearing my throat.

"I've been staying at the frat house." She's so casual about everything, which makes me think she doesn't even care.

"Obviously, where else would you go?" I mumble while looking down at the book in my hand.

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?" Cassidy lets out a sigh.

"I just don't like what you said." I honestly tell her.

"I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to offend you or Grayson."

"You did, you think he's some loser because he isn't popular." I can feel a fire igniting in my core.

"I didn't come here to fight with you. I want to apologize for my stupid choice of words. I would have done it sooner, but I've been busy."

"It's fine." I let out a sigh while looking at her.

"I just miss you, Han. We used to be so close but now you're so distant." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"We don't have the same interests anymore. Going to the frat house is boring to me now. I know I used to be a party animal but those days are over for me." That's the whole truth to it. I wasn't myself last year and I needed somebody to pull me out of the crazy party world. When I look back on my past, I honestly feel disgusted.

"So, what are you saying? Because you changed we can't be friends?" Aggravation fills her tone of voice as she keeps her eyes on me.

"Of course we can, but things are different now. Grayson and I are in a relationship-"

"Wait, you are?" She looks really surprised when she shouldn't. She knows about my feelings.

"Yeah, we worked things out." Talking about Grayson makes me miss him even more. His class should be ending any minute and I want to make a run for it as soon as it does. I don't feel like having the same old conversation with Cassidy. I pick up my phone on the nightstand and send him a text.

me:
in desperate need to get out of my dorm, cassidy's here😑

"Wow, I can't believe you have a boyfriend." She continues to say.

I zone out when I see that Grayson's typing. He always answers right away, which I adore.

grayson:
i'm walking out of class now, i'm coming over to rescue you.