𝓈𝒾𝓍

HANNA

ethan:
good morning, beautiful.

My lips curve upwards, revealing my large smile. I have been texting Ethan for a few days now and I couldn't be happier. He's really sweet and we have so much in common. It's scary, actually. I never thought I would have a connection like this with somebody.

hanna:
good morning, do you have classes today??

"Good morning, roomie." Cassidy barges back into our room with a towel wrapped around her body. I slightly jump from her sudden arrival.

"Morning." I let out a laugh as I look at her.

"It's almost the weekend, thank fucking god." She happily groans while walking over to the closet.

My phone dings again, indicating I have a new chat from the dating app. Cassidy notices the familiar noise and turns back to face me.

"Is that the mystery man you won't tell me about?" She heavily smirks.

"Yes." I bite on my lower lip while opening his message.

ethan:
unfortunately, but it's almost the weekend. what are your plans today?

hanna:
just classes and assignments, the usual bs :/

"Earth to Hanna!" Cassidy snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I quickly look up at her after pressing send.

"What has gotten into you the past few days? You tell me you matched with somebody but won't give me any details about him!" She groans while pulling out high waisted black jeans from the closet, along with a cropped maroon sweater.

"It's still new." I simply shrug. "I guess I don't want to jinx it."

"What's his name again, Eric?"

"Ethan." I correct her while fixing my position on my computer desk chair.

"Right, which makes me curious. I have never heard of anybody named Ethan around campus." She lets out a small laugh while changing into her outfit.

"Yeah, cause you know all fourteen thousand students." I roll my eyes at her.

"You're forgetting that I have slept with quite a handful of guys at this college. I feel like I would have remembered an Ethan." She shrugs.

"He's really quiet and likes to keep to himself, plus he doesn't actually live on campus." I defend my new potential crush.

"Where does he live then?" She furrows her eyebrows.

"Thirty minutes away, he commutes." I don't know why I'm even explaining this to her, it isn't really any of her business.

"Okay, that's just stupid." She rolls her eyes with a judgmental laugh. "Can I at least see a picture of him?"

"Will that get you to shut about about it?" I tease while turning to face her.

"Yes." She happily replies with a smug grin.

"Fine." I mutter and pull up his profile on the app. I turn the screen so Cassidy can see his picture.

"Holy fucking shit." She immediately grabs the phone out of my hand. I groan as I watch her eyes widen. "This is Ethan?"

"Yeah, why?" I can't help but chuckle.

"There's no way he's a real person." I watch as she takes her fingers and zooms into the photo, examining every aspect of it. "He has to be a catfish."