𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

HANNA

The cozy comforter of my bed keeps my body warm as I lay under the covers. My hazel eyes focus on the ceiling, a million thoughts surrounding my brain. It's been two days and I have barely spoken to Ethan. I'm still really confused as to why he didn't mention anything about Grayson. It's a silly topic to stress about, but my mind keeps floating back to the expression on the timid boy's face when he saw me.

The terrified look in his eyes made my heart ache. I wonder why he was so nervous to talk to me? The fact that Ethan doesn't mention me makes me even more confused. Apparently they don't get along, but it's just so strange. These two twin brothers both attend UChicago and nobody has heard of either of them.

The door to my room swings open and Cassidy struts in. "Hey, so I was thinking on-" She stops when she sees me lying down. "You're still in bed?"

"Yeah, why?" I mutter.

"Okay, what has gotten into you? You need to tell me what happened with Ethan." She lets out a huff before taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"What do you mean?" I try to push the subject away.

"Well, why else would you be sulking twenty four seven in your bed?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I am not sulking." I protest with an eye roll.

"Did he break your heart or something? I don't know, you've been acting weird the past few days."

"No, he didn't break my heart, it's just..." My voice trails off as I sit up in my bed. "This is going to sound stupid."

"What is it?" Eagerness grows on her face.

"He has a brother." I start.

"A brother?" Cassidy furrows her eyebrows.

"Okay, not just a brother. A twin brother." I gulp.

"A what?!" Her eyes widen as she rises to her feet. "You mean there's two of them?!"

"Yeah and he goes here."

"Wait, hold on." She holds her hand up to stop me. "What do you mean he goes here?"

"He goes to this school. His name is Grayson and he's in my English class." I let out a sigh.

"What the actual fuck." Her jaw hangs low in surprise. "How is this possible?"

"He's my partner for an assignment and, I don't know, I'm still uneasy about it." I shrug while looking down at my soft blanket.

"And Ethan never told you?"

"Nope. I had no idea this boy even existed, which made me feel like shit. He sits in the back of the class and he seems really shy." I shake my head back and forth.

"Did you confront Ethan about it?" Cassidy continues to stare at me.

"Yeah, I texted him a million times because I was so confused. He said they don't get along, that's why he never brought it up."

"So, his brother's name is Grayson." She slowly states.

I nod my head and let out another breath. I can't get the imagine of him out of my mind. He seems really sweet, I'm just still in shock that I didn't know about him.

"Ethan and Grayson Dolan?" Cassidy's voice is extremely low. "How come nobody has heard of them?"

"I have no idea." I shake my head.

"Something isn't right. Isn't that a major red flag?"

"It's weird, I'll admit." I shrug with another sigh.