𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

HANNA

UChicago Match. That is all anyone on this fucking campus is talking about. The app has been out for about five days, and it's already climbing its way up on the app store.

I never made a profile, even though Cassidy has been begging me to. She already went on a date with somebody from campus. As much as I love her, she definitely gets around. First it was Dean, then Logan and now this mystery guy on the app.

I keep hearing stories throughout my classes about how amazing it is, and how half of the campus found "love." It's ironic how the slutty cheerleaders suddenly want to settle down because they matched with somebody who has the same interest in "beer pong."

"Look at this guy." Cassidy is sitting across from me, sipping on a banana smoothie. She shows me the profile for a guy named William, who has a blunt in his mouth for the profile picture.

"Let me see your tits." I roll my eyes.

"Um, what?" Cassidy laughs.

"That's his description." I cross my arms over my chest and lean back in the uncomfortable chair in the café. "How classy."

"He's hot, I wouldn't mind sending him my tits." She laughs while taking a sip from her smoothie.

"This app is just for hookups, clearly." I let out a sigh.

"Not necessarily, that's just all I look for." She smirks while scrolling through the app. "Besides, since when is that an issue for you?"

"I guess I outgrew that party stage." I shrug my shoulders, not really knowing what came over me.

"Han, you're nineteen! Stop acting like you need to settle down and get married." Cassidy begins to laugh.

"I guess Noah just broke my heart." I hate admitting this, it makes me feel weak.

"You shouldn't have caught real feelings for somebody you were only friends with benefits with."

"I know, okay?" I lowly snap at her.

It is my fault, according to everyone I talk to. I knew from the start that Noah was never going to give me what I want, I simply didn't want to believe it. We occasionally went for ice cream or long drives around town, but it always ended in sex. I feel like I never had a boy really look and me and want to get to know me.

"This app will be good for you, you can write that you like books and shit." She lets out a laugh at the thought of picking up a book.

"I can meet a guy on my own." I scoff.

"You just need a distraction. The only way to get over somebody is to get under somebody else." She winks at me.

"Whore." I smirk at her while shaking my head.

"You know it." She sticks her tongue out while I laugh. "Besides, I think that you could actually-" She stops talking when her eyes widen. Her jaw hangs low as she stares down at the screen.

"What?" I furrow my eyebrows, leaning forward.

"Uh, look who I just found." She turns her phone to face me.

Noah's profile is in my view, his picture is a shirtless selfie of him laying in bed. His interests are alcohol, weed, partying and sex.

"I just want some head in a comfortable bed, it could all be so simple." I read his description out loud.

"He's using Drake lyrics to reel girls in." Cassidy shakes her head.

"What a man whore." I roll my eyes, knowing damn well it hurts a little inside.