𝓈𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

GRAYSON

My eyes land on Hanna walking through the classroom door. My heart stops beating for a few seconds, but that always happens. I still can't believe Hanna and I have been messaging back and forth. We have so much in common, more than I realized. She definitely has the wrong reputation around campus. Every guy says she's a slut, but I see through all of that.

We've been talking about our favorite books and it's no surprise that they're all the same. I mentioned I want to be an author, and she replied saying she wants to be a publisher. I always imagined Hanna Thompson as my dream girl, but damn. This is a whole new level of it.

I watch her take her seat all the way in the front. I never answered her because I was driving over here. I told her I don't live on campus, but didn't get into the details of why. It's hard to come right out and say I have social anxiety disorder and can't be around a lot of people for a long period of time.

My eyes watch her pull out her phone and start typing. My breath hitches when a new message from her pops up on my screen. I don't hesitate to see what she wrote.

hanna:
sorry to double text, but do you have any plans on friday??

My entire body begins to shake as I read her words over and over again. I didn't think this plan through. She probably wants to hang out, which gives me major anxiety. I look back at her, seeing she's patiently waiting for an answer. I need to type something.

ethan:
not sure yet, what's up?

She immediately starts typing back, which concerns me.

hanna:
wanna hang out?? we could go to the pizzeria next to campus

Fuck, what do I do now? This is all my fault, I should have never used Ethan's picture. I didn't think I would match with her. I guess there's only one thing to type back.

ethan:
i'll let you know asap.

Our professor walks through the door, so I quickly put my phone in my backpack. My eyes continue to stay on her. God, she's so beautiful. I already know I'm falling for her. Maybe if I talk to Ethan, he'll help me out. He knows I never interact with girls, plus he owes me for being his personal tutor.

I try to pay attention and focus on the lesson, but my mind is fixed on Hanna. I'm scared of what she'll think if she found out I'm not actually Ethan. Sure, we're identical twins, but he carries himself better than I do. I'm always so shaky and nervous, he's confident and outgoing.

When the class is over, I wait for her to exit the room. Once she's gone, I rush out of the building. I get into my car and begin my thirty minute drive home. So many thoughts are overflowing my brain. I want to get to know her more, that's why Ethan needs to help me out.

Finally arriving home, I get out of my car and make my way into the house.

"Ethan." I call out while running up the stairs. Before he can answer, I barge into his room.

"Dude, what the hell?" He laughs while staring at me. His headset is covering his ears while his controller is gripped around his hand. He's always playing video games, something I never do.

"I need to talk to you." I run a hand through my hair, trying to calm my nerves. The thought of telling him already sends my body on overdrive. My heart is racing and I'm starting to feel dizzy.

He immediately takes his headset off and drops his controller. He rises to his feet and steps closer to me. "Are you having a panic attack?"

"I-I think so." My shaky voice tells him.