Shocking News

Continuing from the last chapter*

Tommy walked out of Lexi's house and opened the SUV door, he hoped in and chilled in the back.

The driver started up the car and slowly drove away, Tommy saw Lexi waving in the window and he waved back.

A couple minutes down the road, the driver looked in the mirror at Tommy.

Driver: So Tom.

Tommy: Yes?

Driver: Who's the girl?

Tommy: Girl? Oh Lexi?

Driver: Sure, are you two.. together?

Tommy: ...

He thought about on what to say because the word together never came up in his mind.

They're always together anyways but weren't dating.

Tommy: Just a friend.

Driver: Ah, I see. Well were here now.

Tommy: Great!

Driver: I put your bags inside by the stairs.

Tommy: Awesome, you can head home early if you want.

Driver: Really? Thanks Tom.

He watched his driver go home, Tommy then walked into the house to see a note on the counter from the dog sitter.

"Tom,

I'm keeping Bruno for a couple weeks if that's ok, you said you wanted him to go through obedience school so I'll keep him for a while.

See you in four weeks!

Sara."

Tommy: This house is going to be quiet for a while.

He unpacked his bag, cleaned some of the house that was left from his departure.

Being a little bored, Tommy walked outside and laid next to the pool while watching the clouds roll in the sky.

It was a nice day so he spent most of his day outside.

2 hours later*

Tom was in the pool as he heard the speaker cut out as he was getting a call.

So he jumped out and got to his phone to see Lexi was calling him.

Tommy: Hello?

Alexa: Hey, I'm at the front.

Tommy: Do you know the gate code?

Alexa: I don't.

Tommy: Ok, it's 1010

Alexa: Got it, I'll be in!

Tommy: Front doors open.

Lexi hung up and drove into the round about driveway, she parked in front of his front door and got out.

She looked around to see non of his cars are out so she doubted that he was home, that could be why he gave her the gate code.

So she went to investigate, Lexi opened the front door and didn't hear anything, not until she walked into the kitchen and heard the speaker blasting in the backyard.

Poking her head out and see him swim around in the pool, Lexi walked and opened the glass sliding door to hear him singing along to the music.

Alexa: Tom!? Are you deaf?