We Need To Be Together

Backstory from last chapter*

Tommy got news of dropping the WWE Heavyweight Championship and would be moved to Monday night's.

He was fine with it until he figured out that Lexi wouldn't be joining him after they had her retain her Smackdown Women's Championship earlier that night.

After the news he was hot, he was livid, he left the Royal Rumble pissed off at top management.

And poor Lexi, she couldn't do anything to help the situation.

That night*

Tommy and Lexi were asleep in the hotel bed as it was a tough night.

He told her that he was being moved as soon as they laid down and she freaked out.

The thought of them not seeing each other for only a day a week was really getting into her head.

She can't do it, he's her beat friend and they can't live without each other.

Continue from last chapter*

2am*

Tommy was holding Lexi tight as they were sleeping, but that changed quickly.

Tommy's nightmare*

13:45*

Tommy got into the humvee with his squad and they started a convoy off towards Baghdad.

He had a M16 across his chest and his vest on as everyone else were going to the middle of downtown to do relay on some groups that were taking over some buildings.

Tommy looked out the window to see nothing but desert and wrecked building's, this war has destroyed this city.

As everyone was going over the plan, he noticed that the truck in front dipped into a hidden road for a shorter way into town, but we kept going until we turned onto the other hidden road.

That got his gut start to feel weird, that's when all hell broke loose.

Tommy looked up from his notes to see a cloud of dust cover the road and the driver kept going the same speed limit he was going.

Then, blackout*

Tommy woke up to see nothing but black smoke rolling, he couldn't see anything in front of him for a couple inches.

He looked over and grabbed the Sergeant but he didn't get any response back which he knew that was a bad sign, the truck was on fire.

Ripping off his gun strap, he felt out the window and tried to open the door but it was so damaged, he couldn't open it.

So he slowly tried to make his way out the window and felt the pain in his legs.

At this point he had no idea that all the debris covered his legs which cut them open in multiple places.

Tommy was squirming all over the bed in terror.

He then crawled out of the humvee and hit the hard, desert ground below.

Looking around, nothing but black smoke and desert dust flying around.

Then, his instincts kicked in and he crawled back to the burning truck to save his best friend.