Momentum Killed

The next week from the last chapter*

Sunday morning*

Tommy was having another baby dream, but this one was like all the others.

Just before he could see the ending of it, he'd wake up.

His eyes opened as the sun peaked through the curtains and right onto his eye.

Squinting his eyes, he looked over at his wife who was already awake and looking at him.

Tommy: Oh.. hey.

Alexa: ...

She didn't say anything as she got on him and started to kiss him, then his neck and made her way down.

But he stopped her for a second before anything could happen.

Tommy: Lex.. babe.

She stopped and looked up at him as concerned.

Alexa: Hmm?

Tommy: I think we should talk.

As he said that, Lexi then crawled back up and he looked at her straight face.

Tommy: I think we should slow down.

Alexa: Slow down? As in?

Tommy: Trying for a baby, were not seeing results.

Alexa: How do you know?

He looked at her with a a face.

Tommy: You know you throw the tests away in the trash.

Alexa: Oh..

Tommy: Why didn't you tell me that the tests you've been taking are negative?

Alexa: I didn't want you to worry, like you are now.

Tommy: But babe, this could be serious. Something could be wrong, something wrong with me.

Alexa: Or me..

She looked at him and they sat there in silence for a bit, they never thought of the possibilites that something serious could be wrong.

Tommy: Let's just see what the specialist say today.

Alexa: Ok..

Tommy: We'll get through it.

He kissed her to calm her down and change subjects.

2 hours later*

Tommy was dressed in his Tapout attire where Lexi dressed comfortably as today maybe a stressful day.

He was downstairs as she walked down to see him waiting on the couch.

Alexa: Ready?

Tommy: Are you ready?

Alexa: No..

Tommy got up, walked over to her and side hugged her as they walked out the front door.

Both of the love birds jumped into Tommy's truck and headed towards the clinic where Lexi set up the appointment.

As they were five minutes away, Lexi grabbed Tommy's hand and held it tighter and tighter as they pulled into the parking lot.

He could tell that she was getting extremely nervous and he wanted to do everything to help her, but nothing was working.

Tommy parked the truck outside the building and grabbed Lexi's hand as they walked in and went straight to the front desk.