Can't Be The Fighting Champion

2 weeks since Tommy's family cracked*

Lexi has been on Tommy watch since he started to get back into the dark places.

She's noticed that he wasn't taking his medication and has fallen to depression again.

He was not doing anything productive and canceled all of his appearances with the company. Which him getting this way again as gotten him very sick.

One day when Lexi was gone, Tommy woke up and ran to the bathroom, throwing up.

He looked at himself in the mirror and all he could see was a weak, pale man.

That was a wakeup call as he facetimed his wife.

Alexa: Tommy, for god sake, you look terrible.

Tommy: I feel terrible.

Alexa: Please, for me. Take your medicine.

Her face made him finally make up his decision, so he walked down the stairs while on the phone with her.

She watched him go into the medicine cabinet in the downstairs bathroom, grab three pills and pop them in his mouth.

That made Lexi smile as he put his hands on the counter and put his head down.

Alexa: What's wrong?

Tommy: I don't know, I'm not feeling the same anymore.

Alexa: You're not feeling it?

Tommy: I don't know.. it's just I've been like this most of my life and it's not getting any better.

Alexa: Tom..

Tommy: Will I be like this if we have kids? I'll feel like a failure of a father Lex, and I don't want to put a child through that.

Alexa: Tommy stop, please! You're scaring me.

He could see that she was extremely worried about him and was freaking out a bit as she was at the arena for a live event.

She found a spot where there were no people or loud noises.

Tommy was starting to calm himself down, he looked back over at the phone and saw Lexi just staring at him.

Alexa: Are you sure you're ok? I can come home.

Tommy: Babe, I'm fine. Calm down, you get these thoughts sometimes.

Alexa: Yeah, but that worries me Tom. You've told me what happens after all this goes down.

Tommy: Lex, I'm telling you this right here right now. I'll never fall victim to this, I'll never be a story to tell about depression. I'll be fine.

Alexa: Okay. Are you flying in tomorrow?

Tommy: Yeah, I'll be in Indianapolis around 10.

Alexa: Great, I'll call you after my match?

Tommy: Sure, I'll be heading to bed around then.

Alexa: Sounds good, I love you Tom; I always will.

Tommy: I'll love you forever.

They smiled at each other, which was a huge step for Tommy since it's been a while since he smiled.

After a couple minutes, he made some food and prayed that it would stay down. He then turned on a movie and kept his head clear.