𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚗𝚜(𝙿𝚝 𝟷)

"Here you are! Five steins! Thanks for waiting" a young blond man says as he places the mugs of beer down on the table.

"Got room for more?"

"Right over here! Hey, do you think you can move over a little?"

"For such a little fella, he's a hardworking waiter," a customer says as Meliodas walks off with mugs in his arms.

Meliodas turns around to face the customers "Oh, no, I'm not a waiter, I'm the owner! This is my place!" then walks away.

The Customers face becomes flustered "The owner? A young kid like him?" Meliodas then walks over to the counter where a brown wolf, dawned with a red collar, is laid watching over the people in the pub to make sure no one starts a fight.

"Hey Y/N, you got that pie," he says stroking her head. She puts her head behind the counter and comes back up with a plate in her mouth and some pie on the plate. "Thanks, girl" she whines in response and he walks off to the table that ordered the pie. "Here you go, fresh from the oven!" Meliodas places the pie down, the 3 boys look at it in hunger. "The Boar Hat's signature meat pie!"

"It looks great!"

"Let's eat some pie!" The 3 said. They put the fork in their mouth to spit it back out.

"Figures, our reputation is for good booze and terrible food"

"You could have mentioned that!" the 3 men shouted

"Are you messing with us, you punk?" The bigger one shouts. This gains the attention of the brown Wolf, who comes over and stand by Meliodas side, growling at the 3 customers. "Hang on, this guy has a sword, and his wolf doesn't look so friendly!"

"Well you guys, looks like we've got a problem. Now let's fix it" Meliodas clicks his fingers, making the Wolf stop growling and look up at Meliodas, who strokes her head.

"Sheesh, you call that a mess?" A talking pig walks out from the back and over to the mess "Why do you even need me for this?"

The men stare in shock as Hawk comes over "Th-The pig, it's talking!"

"That's right I'm a talking pig, man what a bunch of hillbillies!"

"Hawk, we need t get this floor cleaned"

"What a pain in the ham" Hawk starts eating the pie off the floor, and after a couple of minutes pass the floor is cleaned. "Make sure there are better scraps next time" and he walks off.

"If you guys are interested, I could make a decent whole-hog roast," Meliodas says, Y/N looks at Hawk with her mouth drooling and slowly walks over to Hawk before Meliodas grabs her by her collar.

"I am so full! This place has the best scraps!" Everyone starts chuckling, but all stops after a man come into the pub out of breath.

"I-I saw it!" He says. He then sits down with some others. "Honest! I saw it with my own two eyes! I'm positive that I was the Wandering Rust Knight!"

"Everyone keeps bringing it up"

"Come on, you guys know they're just stories used to scare children. If you don't do as I say then one of the Eight Deadly Sins will come after you in blood rusted armour oooo" They all start laughing. Y/N looks at the men in curiosity and Meliodas looks over.

"Eight deadly sins?"

"Huh, you've never heard of them, a young tavern owner like yourself?"

"Their wanted posters are everywhere, you have them over there" Everyone turns their gaze to the board with the wanted posters on. "What was it, 10 years ago? Dozens of holy knights butchered so fast, they didn't have time to defend themselves, These Eight Deadly Sins were the ones who did it, they say that the way the Holy Knight' Grand Master himself was killed, was too gruesome to look at..."

"...and their captain, Meliodas, and his second in command, Y/N, are the scariest of the bunch. They say they've even brought down whole countries. None of them has been caught yet, right?"

"Nope, not a single one"

"Well, I've heard rumours that they've all been dead for years now" Meliodas is pouring some beer in a mug.

"Course they're dead, they have to be," A customer says "The new Holy Knights wouldn't let them live after what they have done"

"Yeah, you've got a point right there"

"Even now, with the king sick in bed, you can bet that the Holy Knights are keeping the kingdom good and safe for all its people"

"But those notices upon the board get updated every year. Doesn't that mean that those eight criminals are still out there" Everyone looks to him?

"Yeah, well. Some spooky knight walking around in rusty armour seems pretty ridiculous to me"

"Guess your right," Another guy says. Suddenly, a loud noise from outside catches every one of the guards, and they all look at the door. Both Hawk and Y/N sniff.

"That smells like rust to me," Hawk says. The tavern door opens, showing a tall figure, they slowly walk in. The high pitch sound of the rust makes Y/N whine.

"The... Eight... Deadly... Sins..." The strange being said.

"It's here!" Everyone screamed and ran out of the tavern, leaving Meliodas, Y/N and a shaking Hawk. Meliodas jumps over the counter and Y/N follows, growling at the being.

"Now, who are you?" The knight slowly sways back and forwards, before falling backwards, making the helmet fall off revealing a young woman.

"This kid is one of the Eight deadly sins?" Hawk asks.

【Aspen】

11/01/2020

Last Edited: 29/09/2023